This page contains information about system requirements and known limitations for large file uploads through TSRT.
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or later
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6_17 or later is required. To download the latest Java, visit http://www.java.com/.
- Accept the Java Applet support in the browser
- Allow pop-ups from cisco.com
ACL / Applet Access
- In certain customer environments, firewall settings may need adjustment to allow access to the globally distributed Cisco Storage Connect cloud. Please add all five (5) nodes to your ACL list of approved destinations.
Protocol Port Host TCP/HTTP 80 node1.storageconnect.cisco.com TCP/HTTP 80 node2.storageconnect.cisco.com TCP/HTTP 80 node3.storageconnect.cisco.com TCP/HTTP 80 node4.storageconnect.cisco.com TCP/HTTP 80 node5.storageconnect.cisco.com
- The method is HTTP POST
- Some firewalls may also need to expressly allow access for the named TSRT Java applets:
- UploadApplet - For file upload to the Cisco Storage Connect cloud
- BrowseApplet - For browsing the file on the client machine
As of Match 7th, 2010
Customers who cannot use Java applets can continue to use email to send files less than 20 MB in size, or use the other methods to transfer files that they have used in the past. This enhancement to TSRT does not remove any other available options; TSRT adds a new option with enhanced security and no effective size limitations.
To send an attachment via email, the subject line must include the Service Request number (e.g. SUBJECT = SR xxxxxxxxx) and address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authentication Proxy Firewalls
Customers who are behind an authentication proxy firewall cannot use the Java upload tool as the Java applets will not load in their browser. For files less than 20 MB in size, please use the Non-Java Option. For files larger than 20 MB in size, please contact your case representative for alternate options.
For additional information regarding Uploading Files for a Support Case, know your options.
If an upload is temporarily interrupted due to loss of connectivity, the session resumes within 20 minutes, so long as the browser and Java applet are not closed.
Comments for TAC
Customers cannot use specials characters (such as the % sign) in the comments for TAC field, or the file upload will fail.