Telepresence Applications in the Finance Industry
Financial institutions worldwide share the same primary objective: achieve profitable growth at an acceptable risk. Managing vast amounts of information to provide advice, process transactions and bring the most value to their customers is a primary focus. Whether it's financial markets, retail banking or insurance, Cisco TelePresence is helping this financial institutions worldwide provide better training, customer service, answer questions more efficiently and provide a greater variety of services at more locations.
Featured Case Study: AXA Financial
AXA wanted to take full advantage of the collective knowledge and experience of its 214,000 employees. The firm also aimed to reduce travel costs and its carbon footprint, while improving the productivity of traveling executives. With Cisco TelePresence and Cisco Services, AXA cut travel costs by EURO€100 million (approximately $134 million) over three years and reduced carbon emissions by 240,000 metric tons.
More Telepresence Case Studies for Financial Services
Bank of Montreal
Financial Services Applications:
- Extend Specialty Services — Telepresence allows specialized services to extend to every branch of the institution, providing more services to customers at a lower cost.
- Improve Business-to-Business Services — Help investment banks, asset managers, mutual and hedge funds as well as Fortune 2000 corporations collaborate with each other while managing adherence to SEC or internal compliance standards.
- Facilitate Training for Professional Certifications and Employee Onboarding — Telepresence allows employees to gain and maintain professional certifications via on-demand and live streaming training classes while eliminating time and cost constraints of travelling to training facilities.
- Connect Remote Offices and Branches — Telepresence allows remote and branch offices to stay closely connected to the main office(s) with instant visual collaboration
- Improve Executive Communications — Leadership teams can experience greater connection with remote team members through regularly scheduled and ad hoc telepresence meetings for strategic planning, risk management, regulatory compliance
- Enhanced Customer Experience — Provide customers with a broader range of financial services, faster response times and better results through instant, visual connections with customer service, subject matter experts and decision makers.
- Streamlined Operations — Reduce costs, save time and improve efficiency with internal processes, such as:
- Lower Legal Expenses — Review and execute documents, take affadavits and take and give depositions.
- Create Training Efficiencies — Training many workers in geographically dispersed locations with a single video session saves time and reduces the number of corporate trainers required.
- Improve Call Center Profitability — Coordinate call center operations via telepresence to reduce travel expenses while maintaining constant contact throughout the organization.
- Improve IT Development Team Performance — Help dispersed development teams design, whiteboard and problem solve in real time with full audio and visual interaction to improve quality and timeliness of delivering IT projects.