Faster Decision Making
Real-time analytics for rail brings data closer to the network edge
Innovative Rail Transportation
Bombardier delivers safety and new passenger services with a Cisco IP network.
Improve Operational Efficiency
Cisco IP-based solutions provide greater resiliency and network redundancy.
Improve Safety and Operations While Increasing Ridership
Cisco Connected Rail solutions help you achieve a wide range of safety, mobility, and efficiency objectives:
- Keep passengers and employees safe
- Provide onboard passenger Wi-Fi, entertainment, live scheduling, high-speed voice and video, and more
- Converge multiple networks into a single IP network for greater interoperability, improved communications, simplified management, and lower costs
- Meet governmental and industrial safety compliance requirements
As rail operators like you introduce new business models and value-added services to increase ridership, you can count on Cisco to deploy highly secure, flexible IP networks. Our ruggedized routers, switches, access points, and video cameras are being deployed at trackside, in stations, and on trains.
Cisco Transportation Smart Solution for Rail
Cisco Transportation Smart Solution (TSS) for Rail is the underlying architecture for a set of highly secure validated network designs. Our building-block approach means you can start with any combination of solutions, and add others later. Validated network designs minimize deployment risk and speed time to market.
TSS includes Cisco and third-party network products, and Cisco Services designed specifically for rail and mass transit. Today, TSS includes Cisco Connected Rail and Premium Mobile Broadband.
Cisco Connected Rail Resources
- Cisco Transportation Smart Solution At-a-Glance and Solution Overview
- Cisco Services for Transportation Smart Solution
- Cisco Connected Rail At-a-Glance and Solution Overview
- Cisco Positive Train Control At-a-Glance and Solution Overview
- Cisco Premium Mobile Broadband At-a-Glance and Solution Overview
- Cisco Validated Design (CVD)
- Cisco Connected Rail Network Architecture
- White Paper: Setting the Context for Stations as a Service
Cisco IoT System Products for Rail
Many of the products in the Cisco Connected Mass Transit solution belong to the Cisco IoT System portfolio, a comprehensive set of products and technologies based on a systems approach that helps to enable stronger security, reduced integration costs, and accelerated innovation.
Network Connectivity for Rail - Switching
- IE 2000 Series Switches
- 3000 Series and 3010 Series Switches
- Embedded Service 2020 Series Switches
- 2520 Connected Grid Switch
- Cisco 800 Series Industrial Integrated Services Routers
- Connected Grid Router 2000/2010
- Embedded Services Routers - ESR 5915, ESR 5921, ESR 5940
- ASR 900 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Connected Mobile Experiences
- Video Surveillance 6000 Series IP Cameras
- Video Surveillance Manager
- Cisco Instant Connect (CIC - Formerly named Cisco IPICS)
Connect the Unconnected
DB Systel plans to connect more devices using Catalyst 6800 for its backbone.
A Pretty Tough Router
How durable is Cisco 819 Integrated Services Router? Watch this video to see.
More Secure and Reliable Networks
Learn the critical needs for networks as stations evolve into centers of human interaction.
Let Us Help
Enhance Rail Safety and Efficiency
Learn how to create a safer, smarter rail system with the new Cisco Transportation Smart Solution.Register for Webcast
Experience the Connected Train
Increase operational efficiency and lower costs with connected trains. (5:07 min)Watch Now
More Secure and Reliable Networks
Learn the critical needs for networks as stations evolve into centers of human interaction.Get Details