Why the IoT Matters to the Utilities Industry
The utilities and energy industry is progressively investing in the Internet of Things (IoT) with grid modernization and smart metering capabilities. New grid infrastructures are being developed, and data transmission and distribution are extending to previously unconnected systems.
How Cisco Supports Your IoT Smart Energy Strategies
Cisco offers an end-to-end portfolio of infrastructure solutions and professional services to help power companies. We give grid operators the opportunity to get more value from their operations on a single, intelligent, and highly secure network platform. Our solutions can bridge the gaps within your grid and field networks to provide powerful grid, security, and operations services.
More than 250 utilities have already implemented Cisco Connected Grid Solutions. Cisco helps energy companies:
- Connect operational systems to information systems
- Ensure security of critical assets throughout the energy ecosystem
- Meet rapidly evolving regulatory requirements
- Accelerate integration of renewable resources
- Establish interoperability across vendors and partners
- Assist utilities in preparing to meet the requirements of the IoT
The IoT and the Internet of Everything
Connect people, data, processes, and things.Learn More