TechWiseTV: "Crime Still Pays: Winning the Network Security Arms Race"
When it comes to network security, the only constant seems to be change. As hackers develop ever more sophisticated and insidious schemes, protecting your network and your organization from these evolving threats can be a daunting task.
How can you get "ahead of the curve" in this environment and prepare for tomorrow's cyber attacks today? Get the inside story as we reverse-engineer the newest menaces you face such as the insidious Conficker bot, and show you how to control them. Discover how you can apply the "wisdom of crowds" to implement a dynamic solution that continually learns from the threats experienced by others.
See how the latest architectural approaches to network security can provide greater protection than point products and maximize the value of your existing technology investments by evolving with your business.
Learn how you can avoid being "fat, dumb, and hacked" as we reveal:
- Why deep packet inspection is no longer dependable
- How to identify and stop what you cannot detect
- How to turn infrastructure access control lists (iACLs) into one of your most valuable defenses
- How standard methodologies can enable you to identify and control even threats you do not understand
- The future of firewalls
- New botnet enhancements for the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- The advantages of the newly released Cisco SAFE Blueprint for Security
Learn more and register to view today.
Cisco Live 2009: Registration Packages to Fit Your Budget
Cisco Live, Cisco's IT and communications conference, takes place June 27-July 2, 2009, in San Francisco. Multiple registration options are available, from full conference to free expo pass to virtual attendance packages.
Register now and save.
Upcoming "Ask the Expert" Events and TechTalks from NetPro
Networking Professionals Connection (NetPro) is an interactive website where you can discuss Cisco networking products and technologies with Cisco experts and networking professionals around the world.
Upcoming events on NetPro include:
- "Ask the Expert" events, which allow you to discuss specific networking issues online with Cisco engineers:
- "Cisco Unified Presence Server," now through June 19
- "Troubleshooting Firewall Service Module," now through June 19
- "CCIE Security Lab," June 22 through July 3
- "Unified Computing," June 22 through July 3
Note: "Ask the Expert" events are subject to rescheduling. Please refer to the URL above for the most current schedule.
- TechTalks are online webcasts that focus on particular technology subjects. You can view the latest event schedule, register to attend a live session, and view archived presentations on the web any time.
To attend an event or participate in a discussion forum, visit Networking Professionals Connection.