Cisco Revises Popular CCIE Routing and Switching Certification
Cisco has revised the certification requirements for CCIE Routing and Switching (CCIE R&S) -- the expert-level certification for network engineers. The revised CCIE R&S v4.0 exams -- which include hands-on troubleshooting, MPLS, and VPN networking -- are scheduled for release on October 18, 2009 and will immediately replace the current v3.0 exams.
The new certification standards reflect the job skills employers are looking for at the expert level and are now available on the Cisco Learning Network under CCIE R&S v4.0 written exam topics and CCIE R&S v4.0 lab exam topics.
In addition, the Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S was recently updated to fully align to the new CCIE R&S certification standards. The Cisco 360 Learning Program is the only expert training currently aligned to the CCIE Certification changes and authorized by Cisco.
Visit the Cisco Learning Network today for more information.
Learning@Cisco Introduces New Technical Training Products and Self-Assessments
Learning@Cisco is pleased to introduce new technical training products and complimentary self-assessments including e-learning courseware and education games to meet the demands of network professionals at every level.
From students beginning their journey in the fast growing field of networking technology to expert-level engineers looking to take their careers to the next level, these new products and assessments provide opportunity without boundaries.
From challenging online games that test your core networking skills at your own pace to advanced specialized e-learning courses complete with state-of-the-art online labs featuring the latest Cisco technologies, these new Learning@Cisco education products enable Cisco education through innovation and technology.
Visit the Cisco Learning Network Store or access complimentary self-assessments today.
TechWiseTV: "Network Management Systems: The Rest of the Story"
Managing your network effectively has always been challenging. Complicating matters, the task is becoming more complex, and the many options available always seem inadequate. Is there a magic bullet somewhere out there? Of course not.
However, there are practical solutions. Find out how to regain control and expand visibility into your network in ways that might surprise you in this episode of TechWiseTV. Get the unvarnished truth about the different network management systems available to you today. Learn how to assess your individual needs and which options to choose. Discover the practical tools you can use to automate network management tasks and reduce your IT workload and costs on TechWiseTV, as we reveal:
- Why monitoring your network devices is no longer adequate in today's application-rich environment
- How to access vital information without compromising security
- The crucial need for correlation, not just raw data, and how to get it
- NetFlow versus remote network management (RMON) and why you might actually need both
- The surprisingly cool features included in the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) 3.1
Learn more and register to view today.
Cisco Live 2009: Registration Packages to Fit Your Budget
Cisco Live, Cisco's IT and communications conference, takes place June 27-July 2, 2009, in San Francisco. Multiple registration options are available, from full conference to free expo pass to virtual attendance packages.
Register now and save.
Upcoming "Ask the Expert" Events and TechTalks from NetPro
Networking Professionals Connection (NetPro) is an interactive website where you can discuss Cisco networking products and technologies with Cisco experts and networking professionals around the world.
Upcoming events on NetPro include:
- "Ask the Expert" events, which allow you to discuss specific networking issues online with Cisco engineers:
- "Cisco Unity 7.x," now through May 22
- "Cisco Digital Media System," now through May 22
- "Cisco ASA 5500 Botnet Traffic Filter," May 25 through June 5
- "CCIE Routing & Switching," May 25 through June 5
Note: "Ask the Expert" events are subject to rescheduling. Please refer to the URL above for the most current schedule.
- TechTalks are online webcasts that focus on particular technology subjects. You can view the latest event schedule, register to attend a live session, and view archived presentations on the web any time.
To attend an event or participate in a discussion forum, visit Networking Professionals Connection.