Cisco Software Advisor - UPDATE
Online Tool Helps You Locate the Software Release You Need
The Cisco Software Advisor helps you find:
- Software releases compatible with your hardware configuration
- Software releases that support specific features
- Information about a particular software release
- Similarities and differences in feature sets between two software releases
We have recently updated the Software Advisor to support the following product lines:
- Cisco 2600 Series Multiservice Platforms (exception: 2691)
- Cisco 1700 Series Modular Access Routers (exceptions: 1701, 1710, 1711, and 1712, which are encryption-only models)
We have also restored the feature that helps you determine the minimum available compatible software release for a single hardware component (field-replaceable unit).
Check out these new updates today by visiting the Software Advisor tool at:
(available to registered users only)
Not registered with Cisco.com? Visit the URL below to register and begin taking advantage of this and many other useful tools:
Want to learn more about the Software Advisor and other online tools available on the Cisco Technical Support Website? View the free, on-demand Cisco Technical Support Seminar, "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for Online Support":
(available to all users, but this standalone site requires registration separate from Cisco.com)
Cisco Technical Support Homepage - UPDATE:
Homepage Enhancements Make Navigation Easier
We continue to proactively solicit feedback to improve your experience on our Website. Based on your feedback, we will launch an enhanced version of the Cisco Technical Support homepage in the next few weeks. These enhancements will provide faster and easier access to technical support resources.
Some of the enhancements include:
- Expandable lists in the "Documentation and Tools" section that provide you fast access to desired content areas.
- A navigation bar in the left-hand column for easy navigation between Cisco.com site areas such as "Products and Solutions," "Ordering," and "Technical Support."
- A design that is consistent with the look and feel of the Cisco.com homepage.
To view the prototype for this page, please visit the following URL:
We are eager to hear your opinion of the new page. Please send us
your feedback at the URL below. If you respond before August 10, 2004, then you will be entered into a drawing for a Linksys Wireless-B Media Adapter.
Networking Professionals Connection - UPDATE:
Upcoming Events; Links from Technical Support Documents to Forums
Networking Professionals Connection is an interactive Website where you can discuss Cisco networking products and technologies with Cisco experts and networking professionals around the world.
Upcoming events at Networking Professionals Connection include:
- "Ask the Expert" events, which allow you to discuss specific
networking issues online with Cisco engineers:
- "CCIE® Service Provider," now through August 13
- "Measuring and Managing Network Performance for Voice, MPLS, and Quality of Service with Service Assurance Agent," now through August 13
Note: "Ask the Expert" events are subject to rescheduling. Please visit the URL above for the very latest schedule.
- TechTalks are online Webcasts that focus on particular technology areas. You can view the latest event schedule, register to attend a live session, and view archived presentations on the Web anytime:
You can now access the Networking Professionals discussion forums via links embedded in technical support documents on the Cisco Technical Support Website. Use these links to join real-time, dynamic conversations related to each document's technology area. To see an example of a document with one of these links, visit the following URL:
To attend an event or participate in a discussion forum, visit Networking Professionals Connection at:
Cisco Technical Support Seminars - UPDATE:
Online Website Training Can Enhance Your Professional Development
Would you like to enhance your professional growth on the job -- in about an hour? You can -- any day, any time -- with the free, online Cisco Technical Support Seminars. View the following on-demand seminars and learn how to use Cisco Technical Support Website tools and other resources to help develop your networking skills:
- "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for Online Support" -- Shows how to use online tools to troubleshoot common issues with hardware, configuration, and performance; analyze "show" commands; determine software compatibility; and more.
- "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for General Router Issues" -- Demonstrates online tools and information for troubleshooting router crashes and hangs, memory problems, and error messages; choosing a Cisco IOS® software release for your router; recovering a password; and developing initial configurations by technology or platform.
- "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for IP Routing Issues" -- Shows how to find information for troubleshooting Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), verifying Network Address Translation (NAT) operation, configuring Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) and OSPF over Frame Relay, and IP addressing and subnetting.
- "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for LAN Issues" -- Highlights resources for hardware information, software installation, software configuration, and troubleshooting for Catalyst® switches.
- "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for Security and Virtual Private Network Issues" -- Features online security- and VPN-related tools and technical documentation for installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for Voice Issues" -- Follows the typical life cycle of an IP telephony installation, and covering Website resources for planning, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and operational issues.
You can tell your friends and co-workers about these valuable training resources by clicking the "Tell a Friend" button when viewing a seminar.
Visit the URL below today to view recorded, on-demand Cisco Technical Support Seminars at your convenience:
(available to all users, but this standalone site requires registration separate from Cisco.com)
If you would prefer to view Microsoft PowerPoint versions of these seminars, please visit:
New Technical Tips
Cable Modem Provisioning Scenarios
Access Servers with Dialer Profiles and Virtual Templates
Catalyst 6000 Hangs after Running Approximately Seven Months
Want to learn about other LAN resources on the Cisco Technical Support Website? View the free, on-demand Cisco Technical Support Seminar, "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for LAN Issues," today:
Cisco WAN Manager Communications
Network Registrar® Data Backup and Recovery Strategies
15454-XC-VT Upgrade Program
15454 and 15454E: OC48IR-AS and OC192 LR/SR/IR/ITU Has a Misaligned EMI Shield Finger on Bulkhead of the TX Port
Inspection and Cleaning Procedures for Fiber-Optic Connections
Security and VPN
Intrusion Detection System 4.0 and Later
Secure Shell (SSH)
Want to learn about other security and VPN resources on the Cisco Technical Support Website? View the free, on-demand Cisco Technical Support Seminar, "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for Security and Virtual Private Network Issues," today:
Voice and IP Communications
Set up and Gather Trace Data in CUE
CTIOS Silent Monitoring Is Not Working - Ethernet Card Driver
Secondary Directory Services Server Fails - Registry Value Setting
Move RASCAL and VoIP Server from Co-Resident CRS Server to a Dedicated Server
Two CRS Applications Share CTI Ports - JTAPI Subsystem Out of Service
Agent Goes into Reserved State after End of Call - Interruptible Play Prompt
JTAPI Update Tool Fails after Upgrading to CRS Version 3.1(3) SR1
Reset the Password for the Supervisor Desktop ID to Default
AgentCfg Utility Fails to Create a Log File
PGW 2200 Softswitch PRI Backhaul Resolution
PGW 2200 Softswitch Generic Transparency Descriptor ISUP Transparency
Configuring and Using the Greeting Management System and Emergency Alternate Greeting for Cisco Unity™ Express
Option to Disable CDR File Generation on the PGW 2200 Softswitch
Cisco Enterprise and Hosted Contact Center Products Notice for Microsoft July Security Update
Want to learn about other voice resources on the Cisco Technical Support Website? View the free, on-demand Cisco Technical Support Seminar, "Using the Cisco Technical Support Website for Voice Issues," today:
To view past issues of this newsletter, please visit:
About This Newsletter
Forget Your User ID or Password?
Your user ID is usually your first initial followed by your last name; for example, John Doe's user ID might be "jdoe." If you can't remember your password, send a blank e-mail message to
email@example.com. An automatic check will verify that your e-mail address is registered with Cisco.com. Account details with a new random password will be sent in an e-mail to you.
Attachments and Viruses:
To help prevent the spread of computer viruses, we never send Cisco Technical Support News e-mails with attachments, although some e-mail clients such as AOL might recognize embedded pictures as attachments. We always send Cisco Technical Support News e-mails from valid Cisco domains (cisco.com or emessage.cisco.com), and we encourage you to run updated virus-scanning software on your computer systems whenever you are connected to the Internet.
We use pixel tags in e-mail messages in conjunction with cookies
to help us determine if our communications are useful to readers
Copyright© 2004 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Cisco, Cisco Systems, the Cisco Systems logo, Catalyst, CCIE, Cisco IOS, Cisco Unity, IOS, Network Registrar, and Unity are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document or Website are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (0303R)
To see additional legal information and important notices from Cisco, visit: