Cisco Increases Patient Data Security for Healthcare Provider
Sentara implements a robust and scalable policy-driven network security across the infrastructure for FDA security compliance.
Download Case Study (PDF - 200 KB)
We know we can count on Cisco Professional Services as we deploy new networked technologies to deliver superior healthcare.- Chad Spiers, Director, Voice and Data Infrastructure Services, Sentara
To secure every network port so only staff can move about their facilities and use medical systems.
- Safeguard confidential patient data
- Authenticate and authorize all legitimate devices and users for network access
- Assign appropriate security policies for patient data and clinical devices
Cisco ISE was deployed to dynamically implement security policies through the patient hospital rooms.
A robust and scalable policy-driven network security across the infrastructure keeps Sentara compliant with FDA security mandates.
- Smooth implementation of hospital-wide security policies
- Compliance with security mandates
- Knowledge transfer to in-house staff