Advance Your Expertise
Expand your opportunities at companies with 100 to 1500 employees.
Become a Express Foundation Specialized Partner
Prove your expertise in Cisco solutions for commercial customers with 100 to 1500 employees
The Cisco Express Foundation Specialization helps your company:
- Develop sales, technical, and service capabilities for integrated, highly secure networking solutions
- Increase technical competency within the company
- Be recognized as a Cisco Specialized Partner in the Cisco Partner Locator
The specialization also entitles you to a range of additional benefits. You can:
- Participate in Cisco channel incentive programs
- Receive invitations to Cisco-sponsored partner events
- Access the Partner Education Connection
- Use My Cisco to personalize web content and get information quickly
- Visit the Design Zone for tested designs and configurations
- Access the Proposal Library for proposal, cover letter, RFx, Q&A, and Executive Summary templates to accelerate sales.
Role-Sharing Guidelines (PDF - 59 KB)
For country requirements, learn more about country groupings. Also, see the specialization requirements in a consolidated view.
Responsible for sales methodology and customer engagement.
Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Express Foundation Account Manager Representative Selling Business Outcomes (#810-401) (or CSE until July, 31 2015) Exam $150 1 hour #646-365 CXFA Exam Details Exam $80 1 hour Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Selling Business Outcomes E-Learning $0 6 hours Express Foundation Sales v1.0 E-Learning $0 4 hours Total: $230 12 hours
Presales engineers are responsible for express foundation solution planning and design.
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCDA associate-level certification
CCDP, CCDE or any CCIE
Exam $250 1.25 hours Requirement(s): Express Foundation Systems Engineer Representative #648-375 CXFS Exam Details Exam $250 1.25 hours Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Express Foundation Sales v1.0 E-Learning $0 4 hours Express Foundation Technology v1.0 E-Learning $0 7 hours Total: $500 13.5 hours
Postsales engineers are responsible for Express Foundation solution implementation and operation.
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNP Routing and Switching
Exam $250 1.5 hours Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Express Foundation Field Engineer Representative #648-385 CXFF Exam Details Exam $250 1.25 hours Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Express Foundation Technology v1.0 E-Learning $0 7 hours Total: $500 9.75 hours
Your company must be a Cisco Registered Partner before you apply for specialization or certification. Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the Become a Registered Partner page if you are new to the Cisco Channel Partner Program and have not registered.
- Verify that the certified individuals fulfilling job roles are allocated to your company with their CSCO identification number. Partner administrators and internal Cisco employees (associated through the CAM Assignment tool) are able to verify this information using the Partner Self Service tool. (Cisco usually receives exam results in 5 to 10 business days.)
- Complete and submit the Specialization Application. If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, please open a case with Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
To renew a specialization:
- Begin the recertification process 90 days before your anniversary date.
- Verify that you are in compliance with the current specialization requirements.
- Submit your application using the Certification and Specialization Application online web tool.
You must meet all requirements to submit your application. If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
If you fail to submit a recertification application within 10 days after your anniversary date, you will lose your specialization.
Note: If a partner does not remain in compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the specialization or certification at any time. Partners must notify Cisco of its non-compliance promptly, but in no event more than thirty (30) days after partner first becomes aware of its non-compliance. Upon receipt of such notice, partner may qualify for an extension of time in which to renew its compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements. Partner's failure to provide such notice may disqualify partner from receiving such an extension. If no extension is granted or if partner fails to comply with the certification or specialization requirements by the end of the extension period, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the applicable specialization or certification immediately. Additional information regarding non-compliance may be found in the Audit and Policies Document.