Through the Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program, qualifying partners can gain access to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 3000 and 5000 products, solutions which address market segments ranging to 300 and 500 users, respectively.
By completing the program requirements, partners demonstrate their competency in deploying these solutions and are eligible to participate in the Cisco Value Incentive Program. The program is customized for partners who focus on midsized businesses, and it requires training and exams for only the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition.
Announcement: Retirement of Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program
Announcement Date: October 26, 2012
Retirement Date: After January 25, 2013, we will no longer accept new enrollments or renewals for either the Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program.
Designation End Date: January 25, 2014
Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program Requirements
To participate in program, partners must fulfill each of the following defined job roles:
Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program requirements are as follows:
Responsible for Cisco Unified Communications sales methodology and customer engagement.
- Cisco Sales Expert (#646-206)
Note: The Lifecycle Services exam has become part of the required exam set to achieve the Cisco Advanced IP Communications Sales Specialist certification effective May 16 2008. As a result, the exam will no longer be displayed here as an independent exam, but may be found on the Cisco Advanced IP Communications Sales Specialist page. This does not change the overall number of required exams to qualify for this role.
Presales engineer; responsible for Cisco Unified Communications solution planning and design.
Post-sales engineer; responsible for Cisco Unified Communications solution implementation and operation.
- Cisco Unified Presence Presence Specialist
- Cisco Unity Connection for Business Edition Online 650-261
Note: Cisco Specialist Certifications are valid for two years. To recertify, take and pass the current version of the required exam(s) or pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam before the expiration of your certification.
- Current Authorized Business Edition Program Partners
The investment for a partner to 'maintain' or 'update' their existing lab has been 'paused' for partners who are preparing to recertify. This means that at the time of the partners' 'recertification', they will not be required to provide proof of compliance for their lab.
- New Authorized Business Edition Program Partner candidates
The lab investment will continue to be a requirement for those partner candidates who are applying for the program.
Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program Lab
|Product/SKU||Description||Qty||List Price||Ext Price|
|Cisco Partner Bundle Offering - Cisco Unified Communications System Release Offer for Demo or Lab Systems||Learn more||1||$275||$275|
|MCS7828I4-SS1=||Unified CM BE, 7828-I4 or later appliance||1||$9,995||$9,995|
|WS-C3560-8PC-S||Catalyst 3560 8 10/100 PoE + 1 T/SFP Standard Image||1||$1,395||$1,395|
|CISCO2821-SRST/K9||2821 Voice Bundle w/ PVDM2-32,FL-SRST-48,SP Serv,64F/256D||1||$5,395||$5,395|
|CP-7975G||Cisco IP Phone 7975 (or 89XX or 99XX)||1||$705||$705|
|CP-7962G||Cisco IP Phone 7962 (-or- 7965)||2||$470||$940|
|Review NFR options with your channel team|
Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program Application Process
Follow these steps to apply for the program:
- The Cisco sponsor (channel account manager or systems engineer) determines your eligibility for the program. Work with the sponsor to identify your requirement gaps and create a development plan.
- Apply for the program through the CSApp tool. Once logged into the tool, choose "Access Program Application." Next, find and click on the "Specialization Application" tab. Finally, choose "Cisco Authorized Business Edition Program."
- Satisfy program requirements and become eligible to participate in the Cisco Commercial Partner Developement Funds.
Process for Validating Lab List
- Partner: Complete the lab list and submit to Cisco Sponsor (System Engineer, CAM, etc.) for approval
- Cisco Sponsor:
a. Review the lab list and verify with the partner
b. Any questions on equivalents or substitutes should be validated through a Cisco SME in the field
c. Once validated, the Cisco sponsor uploads the list into the CSApp tool (Below)
Cisco Sponsor Instructions for Uploading Unified Communications Lab List