Various CCNA resources such as instructor guides, lab manuals, lab simulators, and other interactive tools are available to instructors at no cost when teaching in the Cisco Networking Academy Program. Please take a moment to download the latest versions of these materials:
Materials available on the CCNA Tools pages
The CCNA Tools pages include resources developed by Cisco to accompany Academy curricula:
- CCNA Instructor Guides – These guides are designed to make teaching the CCNA courses a little easier. The instructor guide for each course includes a course overview, information about each TI, and an overview of the case study. The guides summarize the most important learning objectives, target indicators, and labs. They also offer suggestions and background information. The instructor guides are also available on the CCNA Class Home pages of active CCNA classes.
- CCNA Instructor and Student Lab Manuals – Instructor lab manuals (ILMs) are pdf files containing the instructor versions of labs, including lab solutions. Student lab manuals (SLMs) are pdf files containing the student versions of labs. ILMs and SLMs are produced for each CCNA course. The most current ILMs and SLMs include "v3.1.1" in the title on the cover page of each document. The previous versions display "v3.1" in the title. ILMs and SLMs are also available on the CCNA Class Home pages of active CCNA classes.
- PASS Documents – The CCNA Plan for Academy Student Success (PASS) documents provide guidance in the delivery of CCNA 1-4 core objectives, to help students succeed at all education levels. To receive email notifications of updated versions of the PASS documents, log in to Academy Connection and click Help in the top right corner. From the Program Support page, click Program Support in English > Find Answers. Type the keyword pass in the Search Text field and click Search. Under Answer ID: 2426, you can download the PASS documents and select Notify Me by Email if this Answer is Updated. The PASS documents are also available on the CCNA Class Home pages of active CCNA classes.
- CCNA 1 Basic Syllabus – The main difference between this sample syllabus and CCNA 1 PASS is that CCNA 1 Basic Syllabus advises instructors to condense or skip some TIs and labs. This syllabus focuses on hands-on labs, use of Packet Tracer, and mastery of basic CCNA 1 concepts such as IP Subnetting and the OSI Model. CCNA 1 Basic is an optional syllabus that provides an alternative method of teaching CCNA 1.
- CCNA 1 v3.1 Structured Cabling Case Study Instructor Guide – The Case Study Materials Packet is now bundled within the CCNA 1 v3.1 Structured Cabling Case Study Instructor Guide.
- Packet Tracer v3.2 – Packet Tracer v3.2 is a simulation environment that allows networking students to design, configure, and troubleshoot CCNA-level networks. Packet Tracer includes a drag-and-drop interface that students can use to create network topologies. Students can then use a GUI to connect and configure the devices. Switches and routers can be configured with a limited simulated version of Cisco IOS.
CCNA Curriculum Errata
To see the current list of known errors in CCNA v3.1.1, log in to Academy Connection and click Help in the top right corner. From the Program Support page, click Curriculum Quality > Find Answers. Type the keyword errata in the Search Text field and click Search to see results. The errata lists are available in Excel format and can be saved by right-clicking the file link. The Curriculum Errata List has tabs for each CCNA course. Under Answer ID: 3287, you can download the latest curriculum errata then select Notify Me by Email if this Answer is Updated.
Presentation materials from 2005 US Academy Conference
Resources from the summer 2005 US Academy Conference are available for download at http://www.ciscoacademy2005.com/scheduler/login.jsp.
CCNA Prep Center
The CCNA Prep Center is designed to assist those preparing for the CCNA certification. The CCNA Prep Center includes sample questions, simulations, e-learning modules, labs, tips from CCNA professionals, expert advice, success stories, and other resources to help students prepare for CCNA certification exams. To access the CCNA Prep Center, visit www.cisco.com/go/prepcenter