Achieve Your Training Goals
Deepen your knowledge of Cisco technologies through staff development.
Cisco Technical Knowledge Library (TKL) is a collection of knowledge and best practices designed to provide end users with access to valuable Cisco intellectual property. Use the resources to avoid common problems and reduce your learning curve on Cisco products and technologies.
TKL contains a wide range of technical white papers, design guides, and videos based on breadth of optimization experiences of Cisco Advanced Services. Other content includes Cisco press titles, case studies, validated configurations, and self-study guides. TKL is organized into five solution modules: Wireless, Security, Network Infrastructure, Collaboration, and Data Center.
This presentation format can enable IT professionals in charge of today's networks to quickly locate the technical and operational guidance you need by architectural solution. By modularizing TKL content, Modular Knowledge Services (MKS) is available for customers who are interested in targeted contents.
The TKL service is available as part of a Network Optimization Service (NOS) subscription or Networking Learning subscription contract. Content is continuously refreshed to align with the latest technology trends and architectural designs. TKL is accessible through Cisco.com.
For more information about the TKL Service or to purchase this service, send an email to us.
- TKL End user guide for Android based devices (PDF - 2.78 MB)
- TKL/MKS User Guide (PDF - 219 KB)
- TKL/MKS Quick Reference Guide (PDF - 129 KB)
- User Interface Overview (PDF - 1.2 MB)
- DRM Installation and Viewer Guide (PDF - 552 KB)
- TKL IOS Mobile Guide (PDF - 219 KB)
- Cisco Collaborative Professional Services and Knowledge Services At-a-Glance (PDF - 262 KB)
- Cisco Collaborative Professional Services and Knowledge Services Data Sheet (PDF - 240 KB)
- Cisco Technical Knowledge Library Data Sheet (PDF - 259 KB)
- Cisco Technical Knowledge Library At-a-Glance (PDF - 359 KB)
Curriculum Planning is a consultative service. A curriculum planner works with a customer to identify staff learning needs by Cisco technology and customer job function. Deliverables include job task analysis, needs assessment, and a curriculum report.
Formal training is delivered through extensive sessions led by Cisco experts that include in-depth, hands-on lab exercises. Learn about specific trainings offered by Cisco Learning Services using the left-hand navigation.
If you would like additional information or would like to reach a Cisco sales representative, please email us.