Join Cisco at VMworld Barcelona 2013
To achieve new levels of IT agility and innovation, companies are seeking new ways to deliver the application and business services their users require. IT needs to provide scalability and flexibility, whether delivered in a traditional data center environment, a cloud environment, or a combination of these.
Cisco Unified Data Center architecture delivers efficient, simplified, and agile IT infrastructure for physical, virtual, and cloud environments. By combining computing, networking, management, and storage access, the Unified Data Center can change the way you think about IT infrastructure.
Come visit Cisco Booth D209 to learn how Cisco and our partners can help you implement cloud environments that address your key business requirements. Through our speaking sessions and meetings, you will learn about a consistent, integrated design approach to data center services. This approach can help you:
- Fully capitalize on the latest technologies
- Deliver new levels of agility
- Lower capital and operational expenditures
Explore the possibilities. Build a better data center with Cisco.
We look forward to seeing you at VMworld 2013
Location and Show Dates
|Location/Venue||Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain|
|Show Dates||October 15 – 17, 2013|
|Cisco Booth Number||D209|
Exhibit Dates and Times
|Tuesday, October 15||11:00 a. m. – 6:00 p.m|
|Wednesday, October 16||11:00 a. m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, October 17||10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
More details coming soon, please check back for updates.
Cisco hosts the following sessions at VMworld Barcelona 2013:
Simplify, Scale, and Extend Cloud Networking with Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
VMword Content Catalogue ID: PHC6409
Speaker: Han Yang, Product Manager, Marketing, Cisco Systems
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Venue: Hall 8.0, Room B2
Building a cloud network within a data center and extending it to the public cloud requires simplification, scaling, and convergence. Come to this session for an in-depth look at how the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch integrates virtual, physical, and cloud networking as a single unified network. In fact, Cisco is simplifying, scaling, and extending VXLAN from the virtual into the physical network with a full portfolio of virtualized network services. In addition, Cisco is providing orchestration for both virtual and physical infrastructures.
Software Defined Networking - Approaches to Network Virtualization
VMword Content Catalogue ID: NET6390
Speaker: Balaji Sivasubramanian, Director, Product Marketing,Cisco Systems
Date and Time: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Venue: Hall 8.0, Room C3
Software Defined Networking (SDN) is a major trend in the industry, focusing on how networks are built and managed. One of primary uses for SND is in network virtualization. This promises to solve networking challenges around agility, resource utilization, and on-demand cloud deployments for enterprise data centers and cloud providers.
The session will cover the following topics
- Approaches to SDN, and specifically, network virtualization
- Requirements of network virtualization
- End-to-end visibility and troubleshooting
- Consistent application performance
- Management of virtual and physical resources as a pool
- Orchestration using cloud management platforms such as Openstack, vCloud Director, and others
Cisco Innovations: Helping to Enable Cloud Infrastructures
VMword Content Catalogue ID: PHC6389
Speaker: Rahul Tripathi, Director of Product Marketing, Cisco Systems
Date and Time: Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Venue: Hall 8.0, Room D3
Customers need a cohesive infrastructure that will support both private and public cloud environments. It should also support physical and virtual workloads with diverse sets of requirements, such as users and endpoints that demand performance, reliability, and security.
Cisco is uniquely able to fulfill this diverse set of requirements with its a track record of:
- Helping to lead market transitions
- Focusing on an architectural approaches
- Delivering innovation that meets specific customer requirements
Cisco offers application affinity in its Unified Data Center design, and consistency across both physical and virtualized resources. This provides a solid foundation for incorporating cloud infrastructures into existing data center environments. This session will outline the Cisco cloud strategy for connecting a "World of Many Clouds." Cisco delivers the complete solution, encompassing both the private and public cloud infrastructure needed to meet your evolving business demands.
The Next Wave of Virtualization and Fabric Computing with Cisco Unified Computing System
VMword Content Catalogue ID: VAPP6408
Speaker: Roger Barlow, Product Manager, Engineering, Cisco Systems
Date and Time: Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Venue: Hall 8.0, Room B3
The Cisco Unified Computing System led the market transition to fabric computing, delivering computing, networking, storage access, and virtualization as one cohesive system. The need for this level of innovation was immediate: in just four years, there were over 20,000 UCS customers. The product had achieved unparalleled market share gains in the blade server space. Learn how Cisco is continuing to innovate by bringing together the physical and virtual worlds with UCS. This innovation extends beyond:
- Service profiles that help ensure applications and new services are running in minutes not weeks
- Existing support for both blade and rack form factors in a single management domain
- Support for both physical and virtualized workloads in the same system
- A system that is optimized for the elements to work together efficiently
- A system that has achieved over 70 world-record-breaking benchmark performance results
We will highlight the following technology demonstrations topics in Cisco Booth D209
- Simplify, Optimize, and Automate with Dynamic Fabric Automation
- Distributed Computing between Branches and Data Centers
- Multi-Cloud and DevOps Solution Accelerators
- Cloud and Infrastructure Management
- VXLAN Integration with Nexus 3100
- Extend the Data Center with Nexus 1000V InterCloud
- Cloud Networking Services with the Nexus 1000V
- Virtual Network Automation with OpenStack
- Simplify Computing with UCS Manager, UCS Central and SingleConnect
- UCS and VMware Management Integration
- Scalable, High Performance Virtual Desktops
- UCS Director for Converged Infrastructure Management
Meet with Cisco Experts
If you would like to set up a meeting with Cisco, please email Cisco at VM World 2013 meeting request.
- Data Center and Virtualization
- Cisco Data Center Solutions
- Cisco Data Center Services
- Cisco Unified Data Center
- Cisco Data Center Assurance Program (DCAP)
- Cisco Unified Management
- Cisco Unified Fabric
- Cisco Unified Compute
- Cisco Open Network Environment (Cisco ONE) Educational Webcast Series
VMworld Barcelona 2013 will take place at the Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain
Fira Gran Via,
Director of Executive Relations
Executive Symposium at Cisco Live
Direct Line: 408.853.4831
Visit Cisco at Booth D209 - Explore the possibilities. Build a better data center with Cisco.
Register for VMworld 2013.Register Now
Community and Media
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Important Event Info
Earn Access Rewards
Join the Cisco Preferred Access Rewards program to start earning rewards today. Register Now