Cisco Virtual Partner Summit 2013
What's New in 2013
VPS Dialog Sessions and Executive Chats
Are you looking to achieve profits faster with new products? Or attract more mid-market customers? Or create an engaged and connected workforce to deliver great business results? Sign up for the new VPS Dialog sessions to get the insight and skills to achieve your goals.
Plus chat with our executives to learn more about Cisco's products and solutions, channel strategy, and new opportunities in cloud, services, the mid-market, and much more.
Join us for our premier partner event of the year, from anywhere, on any device. At the Cisco Virtual Partner Summit 2013, you will learn about the amazing opportunities we see ahead to transform and to grow your business.
- Watch live and on-demand sessions to learn how to capitalize on the Internet of Everything
- Engage with Cisco executives on how to capture new opportunities in cloud, services, and the mid-market to accelerate profitable growth
- Be the first to hear Cisco announcements and learn our strategic direction, technology updates, channel strategy, and much more
Hear from our leaders about the unprecedented opportunities we see ahead for Cisco and our partners. Sign up to listen to our keynote speakers.
Tuesday, June 4 – 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- John Chambers, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Bruce Klein, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Partner Organization
- Edison Peres, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Channels
Hear from our leaders about the unprecedented opportunities we see ahead for Cisco and our partners. We are once again at the center of a significant market transition: the Internet of Everything. It's a massive opportunity, the biggest in the next decade with a $14.4 trillion value-at-stake. With our partners, we have the ability to build, manage, and secure end-to-end IP-based platforms to connect people, process, data, and things to capture our share of this phenomenal market transition.
With an unwavering commitment to our partners' success, we are driving channel innovation around the most important priorities to you. We will continue to be the most partner-centric organization in the IT industry, focused on building and enabling a robust partner ecosystem. We will share how we will help you accelerate profitable growth, and make it easier for you to do business with Cisco. Specifically, you will hear about new areas of investment and about our firm commitment to help you transform your business to meet the changing demands of customers to capture the enormous market opportunities in front of us.
Wednesday, June 5 – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology and Strategy Officer
- Rob Lloyd, President Development and Sales
- Edzard Overbeek, Senior Vice President, Cisco Services
Our leaders will speak about Cisco's Strategic Framework and the strategy that evolves the role of IT today to become the greatest business asset for tomorrow. Together, we can help our customers gain even more value from their network today as we shape the future.
We will share insights on the most interesting innovation intersections between market transitions and customer business drivers and the opportunities they present for partners. We will discuss the impact of these transitions for our customers and partners with a focus on how we go to market together. Between the data deluge, the move to the cloud, and unlocking the opportunity with the Internet of Everything, customers are looking to us to help get the full value from their IT investments.
Hear about our continued investment in technical, professional and consulting services, and programs to fuel your success. Making Cisco Services profitable, valuable and simpler is our top priority. We will speak about the investments we are making in Cisco Services, and the truly unique opportunities to leverage SmartNet analytics and network data to grow your business.
Thursday, June 6 – 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Mark C. Thompson, Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder of Virgin Unite Mentors
- Chuck Robbins, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations
- Bruce Klein, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Partner Organization
- Edison Peres, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Channels
Keynote Speaker, Mark C. Thompson, CEO and Co-Founder, Virgin Unite Mentors, Sir Richard Branson's network for executive coaching & entrepreneurial innovation, will speak about methods to convince your team not only to embrace change, but actually lead the transformation now - with urgency. He will share insights from world-class companies that at first struggled with change and then reinvented their business. In this high-impact keynote, he also will reveal the 3 critical drivers of influence for every great business and high performance leader.
Business Transformation Sessions
Sign up for these 60-minute sessions to gain knowledge and access valuable tools to grow your business with Cisco.
Increase Profitability and Optimize Market Transitions with Cisco Smart Services
- Nick Earle, SVP, Worldwide Services Sales and Channels, Cisco
See how partners like you are even more profitable with smart services and get a sneak peak at the roadmap. Learn how a smart support practice can drive your professional services business to maximize opportunities. You will also learn why professional services are critical to helping you thrive during market transitions – and how Cisco Services can help you grow your practice to meet the evolving needs of your customers.
Capitalize on the Next Wave of Innovation with Software Programmable Networks
- Dave West, Chief Technology Officer, Cisco
- Colin Kincaid, Vice President, Marketing, Networking Software, Network Operating Systems Technology Group, Cisco
Partners are looking to build practices and monetize opportunities, such as cloud, mobility, social networking, and video to fuel the next wave of customer innovation. Your business practice needs to solve for key customer business requirements, including improving customer experiences, increasing employee productivity, gaining competitive advantage, and creating new services. The industry is moving toward stronger ties between software platforms and network infrastructure as a primary element in a holistic strategy to achieving these goals.
Embrace Tomorrow: Building "Sell-To" Service Provider Practices to Capitalize on Market Transitions
- Kit Beall, Vice President - Global Service Provider Segment, Cisco
- Sri Hosakote, Vice President & General Manager of the High End Routing & Optical Group, Cisco
Are you ready for tomorrow? Cloud delivery of applications continues to accelerate, BYOD projects are expanding, and we are beginning the journey to the "Internet of Everything." These transitions are increasing the importance of service provider services to businesses and ecosystem partners alike. In this session we will discuss:
- Factors behind the evolution of service provider offerings
- Cisco's comprehensive service provider infrastructure and mobility solutions
- Recent acquisitions and investments made to complement those solutions
Market opportunities available to channel partners.
Join us to learn why investment in your Cisco sell-to service provider practice positions you to take full advantage of the highest growth market transitions and allows Cisco and our partners to embrace tomorrow together.
Capture the Opportunity with ISVs
- Rick Snyder, Vice President, Global & Strategic Partner Organization, Cisco
- Denny Trevett, Vice President, ISV & Ecosystem Partners, Cisco
As the IT industry undergoes yet another transformation, vendors – including Cisco and our partners – are looking for ways to become more relevant to the business decision makers within existing accounts and capture new growth opportunities. We will share our strategy to engage with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and show how our partners can align to new business initiatives in key industries. Discussion will highlight the market opportunities with ISVs in our new partner ecosystem, specific investments Cisco is making in vertical solutions, and concrete examples where Cisco and our partners can differentiate by: 1) creating new cloud offers, 2) enabling click to call/chat/meet and video into their existing products, and 3) driving demand for Cisco BYOD solutions. We will keep this session interactive with conversation around your own experience with ISVs and about your requirements from Cisco to accelerate success.
Make Money with Mid-sized Customers
- Sanjit Biswas, CEO, Meraki
- Andrew Sage, VP WW Partner Led, Cisco
Maximize returns on your investment with Cisco in the multi-billion dollar mid-sized customer market. Learn how our purpose-built offerings meet customer needs and drive demand for your value-add services, and how we are supporting and rewarding you to lead the sale with customers. We will cover our midsize portfolio, including the Meraki offerings, and highlight new mid-market sales and marketing resources available to you to achieve profitable growth.
Accelerate your business with the Cisco Partner Program
- Steve Benvenuto, Sr. Director Cisco Strategy, Planning and Partner Programs, Cisco
The Cisco Partner Program is the foundation for our mutual success. It is important that we not only maintain the current momentum, but also look for opportunities to evolve to meet the future needs of the business and the market. During this interactive session, we will discuss the successes and updates to the current program, as well as new opportunities. We will share our vision and get your insights on how we shape the program to meet the customer expectations in the future.
Better Together: Cisco Smart Solutions
- Brian Allison, Director, Cisco Worldwide Channels Solutions, Cisco
- Mike Rau, Vice President, Cisco Global Smart Solutions, Cisco
Partners can transform their customer engagements from traditional speeds-and-feeds conversations to impactful solution discussions that support critical business imperatives. The Cisco Unified Workspace, powered by mobility and virtual desktop Smart Solutions, empowers partners to capitalize on the IT megatrends of end-user device proliferation, virtualization, and workspace productivity applications. In this session, you will:
- Gain insight into the compelling Smart Solution value proposition, strong market momentum, and ground-breaking innovation.
- Learn how to apply the new Unified Workspace practice-building framework, jointly developed by Cisco and our ecosystem partners, to accelerate the capabilities of your sales, pre-sales and post-sales teams.
- Listen to on-stage best practice discussion with partners from around the world.
Learn about the newly announced Smart Solutions to expand your market coverage.
Our goal is to give you a clear view of how to effectively build your solutions practice, and drive bigger, more profitable deals.
The Internet of Things – The Next Big Opportunity
- Maciej Kranz, Vice President, General Manager, Connected Industries Group, Cisco
- Doug Merritt, SVP, Product, Solutions & Industry Marketing, Cisco
Within the Internet of Everything (IoE) concept, The Internet of Things (IoT) represents a substantial business opportunity to connect all machines, devices, sensors, automobiles, cameras, and other "things" to help our customers improve operations and save valuable time, money and even lives. The Internet of Things requires innovation in key technology domains, including sensors, networks, data analytics and control systems. And it requires creative thinking about applying this new technology to diverse applications, such as manufacturing, process control, smart cities, healthcare, transportation, energy and beyond. Learn more about this growth opportunity through vivid case studies and product demonstrations that highlight Cisco's investment strategy for delivering innovative IoT solutions to our partners.
Build Your Cloud Business with Cisco
- Scott Boyd, Director of Operations, Cloud and Next Generation Solutions, Cisco
- Jeff Spagnola, Vice President, Global Cloud Go-to-Market, Cisco
The Cloud and Managed Services opportunity is significant and growing 2-3 times faster than IT spending, with a material shift in buying centers and economic models. We are making investments across all areas of the business today to ensure Cisco and you, our partners, maintain leadership together. We will share our cloud strategy, architectural roadmap, and investments in programs, sales enablement, and demand generation to help foster incremental and profitable revenues for your business.
Act now, prepare for Tomorrow with Cisco Borderless Networks and Security Architectures
- Scott Gainey, Senior Director, Product & Solution Marketing, Security, Cisco
- Sujai Hajela, Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Networking Group, Cisco
- Wenceslao Lada, Vice President, Partner Sales and Practice Management, Borderless Networks, WW Partner Organization, Cisco
Partners are looking for new ways to grow their business by increasing customer focus, targeting key customer needs, and offering innovative connected experiences to customers. With the rapid adoption of BYOD, increasing movement of applications and data to the cloud, and the reality of the Internet of Everything, enterprises are increasingly looking to evolve their IT operations and infrastructure. The opportunities are staggering as we look at multi-billion dollar network and security infrastructure upgrades emerging at the access, edge and core of customer networks. We will discuss how we are evolving our Borderless Networks portfolio to enable customers to connect people, clouds and "things" with greater simplicity, security and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). We will explore the strategy, and share early insights into important portfolio, solution and partnership announcements. Also, we will discuss how you can best capture these new upgrade opportunities, and share details on new partner programs to help drive your profitability and competitiveness.
Unlock the Potential of Collaboration: Empower. Engage. Innovate.
- Richard McLeod, Senior Director, Worldwide Collaboration Channel Sales, Cisco
- Rowan Trollope, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Collaboration Technology Group, Cisco
The ability to unlock the potential of people working together has never been greater than with today's collaboration technologies. Grow your practice, profitability and productivity with Cisco's cross-architecture approach to collaboration anytime, anywhere, on any device. This session will focus on the continuing evolution of the Cisco Collaboration portfolio and include a demonstration that brings to life our latest technologies. Learn about exciting new programs that will help you accelerate your business.
Win with Your Unified Data Center Practice
- Dominick Delfino, Sr Director, Architecture Technology, Global Data Center Sales, Cisco
- John Growdon, Senior Director, Unified Data Center Sales, WW Channels, Cisco
- Ted Stein, Director of Sales U.S. Public Sector Data Center Team
Learn about our latest technology innovations and roadmap, how to win more effectively in the commercial account segment, and our new incentive programs and training initiatives to enhance your Unified Data Center (UDC) practice. A Cisco technical sales director will join us to discuss Cloupia, UCS, Nexus & MDS, and a Cisco sales leader will share his winning sales strategies and how to apply them to your UDC practice.
Engage with our executives via chat to ask your burning questions or learn more about Cisco's innovation strategy and new investments to help grow your business. Sign up now and enjoy the conversation.
- John Chambers, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer to learn more about how Cisco is driving channel innovation around the most important priorities for our partners.
- Wendy Bahr, Senior Vice President, Americas Partner Organization about how Cisco, with our partners in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America, will growth business together.
- Bruce Klein, SVP, Worldwide Partner Organization to ask questions about his vision in building the world's best partner ecosystem in the IT industry.
- Sherri Liebo, Vice President of Cisco Global Partner Marketing to discuss the pivotal role marketing plays in building the sales funnel. Bring your questions and learn how to gain a competitive advantage to accelerate your sales.
- Rob Lloyd, President Development and Sales to hear his insights on the most interesting innovation market intersections and the opportunities they present for our partners.
- Edison Peres, SVP, Worldwide Channels to learn about what Cisco is doing to help you transform your business model to meet the changing demands of customers.
- Chuck Robbins, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Field Operations and hear how Cisco and our partners will lead the future together.
- Milo Schacher, Vice President, EMEAR Partner Organization to ask any questions you may have and learn how to gain a competitive advantage to accelerate sales in your region.
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology and Strategy Officer about Cisco's Strategic Framework and the strategy that evolves the role of IT today to become the greatest business asset for tomorrow.
Are you looking to achieve profits faster with new products? Or attract more mid-market customers? Or create an engaged and connected workforce to deliver great business results? Sign up for these sessions to learn more.
Grow Your Business with Cisco – Asia Pacific, Japan & China
- Gordon Mackintosh, Director of WW SMB Programs
- Sabrina Lin, VP of Partner Led Sales for Asia, Japan & China
Learn about the exciting new sales & marketing resources available in Asia, Japan & China for our premier & select certified partners. Join Gordon Mackintosh, Director of WW SMB Programs and Sabrina Lin, VP of Partner Led Sales for Asia, Japan & China as they discuss the new offerings designed specifically to meet your needs. New resources including; mobile applications, learning modules, and a revamped specialization to help you, win more customers in the small and midsize customer space. Join us and let's achieve profitable long-term growth. Together, we can.
Grow Your Business with Cisco – Americas
- Gordon Mackintosh, Director of WW SMB Programs
- Jim DeCarlo, Regional Manager for the US
Learn about the exciting new sales & marketing resources available in Asia, Japan & China for our premier & select certified partners. Join Gordon Mackintosh, Director of WW SMB Programs and Jim DeCarlo, Regional Manager for the US as they discuss the new offerings designed specifically to meet your needs. New resources including; mobile applications, learning modules, and a revamped specialization to help you, win more customers in the small and midsize customer space. Join us and let's achieve profitable long-term growth. Together, we can.
Cisco Authorized Training, Catalyst to Transformation, Talent and Sales Acceleration. Learning can improve your profitability.
- Mike Allen, Senior Director, Worldwide Learning Channel
Discover how Authorized training can grow your business by developing talent to capture market transitions and customer wallet share with skills that transform the customer conversation. As a Cisco Channel Partner, you already know the value that partnership with Cisco can deliver. Cisco Authorized Learning Partners understand the business and training needs of Cisco Channel Partners and are the Authorized Channel of Learning for the certification and product training needed to be successful in today's solution-selling environment.
Grow Your Business with Cisco – Europe, Middle East, Africa & Russia
- Gordon Mackintosh, Director of WW SMB Programs
- Ben Fallon Leader, SMB & Velocity Sales
Learn about the exciting new sales & marketing resources available in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and for our premier & select certified partners. Join Gordon Mackintosh, Director of WW SMB Programs and Ben Fallon Leader, SMB & Velocity Sales as they discuss the new offerings designed specifically to meet your needs. New resources including; mobile applications, learning modules, and a revamped specialization to help you, win more customers in the small and midsize customer space. Join us and let's achieve profitable long-term growth. Together, we can.
Attract, Develop and Retain the Right Team with Cisco Partner Talent
- Damian O'Sullivan, Cisco Global Leader of the Partner Talent Group
Create an engaged and connected workforce to deliver great business results. Learn about the resources and tools available to you at no cost to help you manage your talent management lifecycle.
- Cisco Partner Talent complements your Human Resources and Talent Management strategies by providing resources to help you attract, develop and retain the right people for your business.
- Cisco Partner Talent Network helps you attract and hire the right talent to meet your skills requirements.
Cisco Fit4Talent provides you with best practices, articles and tools to help you with talent management lifecycle of all your employees.
Accelerate Profits with New Product Introductions (NPI)
- Leigh Clifford Drake, Director, Business Development
- Neil Anderson, Director, Technical Marketing
Take the complexity and confusion out of your new product introductions and achieve profits, faster. Learn how to use a consistent approach to Cisco product launches. Engage with Cisco Engineering and Channel Partner Enablement early. PartnerFIRST is a simple and scalable way to ramp your skills in New Product Introductions (NPI). It engages partners early in the product development lifecycle to ensure sales readiness at First Customer Ship (FCS).
Geo Region Sessions
Engage with the Cisco leaders to discuss top-of-mind topics in your region. Sign up now. (All Geo Region sessions and executive chats will be live or rebroadcasted live in your local time.)
This session will provide an overview of how Cisco and you – our partners in US, Canada and LATAM – drive success. Hear from Wendy Bahr, SVP of the Americas Partner Organization, Nick Adamo, SVP, The Americas, and Debbie Dunnam, SVP Americas Services.
Following the Americas Geo Regional session, chat live with Wendy Bahr, Senior Vice President, Americas Partner Organization about how Cisco with our partners in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America, we will growth business together.
Asia Pacific, Japan, and Greater China
Jaime Vallés, President of Cisco APJC, will give an overview of APJC market opportunities and partner landscape, as well as share his vision and strategy for the geo. The theme of this year's APJC Geo Session is All In and speaks to both the unity and strength of the APJC geo. With every member of APJC All In, it's all systems go and the focus is on turning our strategies to success and our plans into winning performances.
Europe, Middle East, Africa & Russia
For every two organizations holding back on investment in growth and innovation, there is at least one that is forging ahead, determined to capture their share of new market opportunities. Chris Dedicoat, President, Cisco EMEAR will share his perspective on how organizations can stay ahead in a market where the pace of change is accelerating to unprecedented levels.
Milo Schacher, Vice President EMEAR Partner Organization, will provide his view on market transformation, how this is affecting Cisco's Partners today and the resulting evolution of the channel. Milo will then talk about what Cisco is doing today to ensure its Partners can differentiate, grow and remain profitable, and ultimately capture new market opportunities.
Following the EMEAR Geo Regional session, chat live with Milo Schacher, Vice President, EMEAR Partner Organization to ask any questions you may have and learn how to gain a competitive advantage to accelerate sales in your region.
Build Your Personal Agenda
Use your Cisco.com user ID to register. If you don't remember it, click on the Register Now button below then Forgot your user ID and/or password. Cisco partner level access is required.
By logging in, you accept the Cisco Virtual Partner Summit 2013 Terms and Conditions.Register Now
Sessions will be recorded and available on-demand through
July 8, 2013.