Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE)
|Exam Number||642-637 Secure|
|Associated Certifications||CCNP Security
Cisco Firewall Security Specialist
Cisco IOS Security Specialist
Cisco VPN Security Specialist
|Duration||90 minutes (60 - 70 questions)|
|Exam Policies||Read current policies and requirements|
|Exam Tutorial||Review type of exam questions|
The Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE v1.0) exam is associated with the CCSP and CCNP Security certifications. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills needed to secure Cisco IOS Software router and switch-based networks, and provide security services based on Cisco IOS Software. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches course.
The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam.
- Choose Cisco IOS technologies to implement HLD
- Choose Cisco products to implement HLD
- Choose Cisco IOS features to implement HLD 2
- Integrate Cisco network security solutions with other security technologies
- Create and test initial Cisco IOS configurations for new devices/services
Complex Operations Support
- Optimize Cisco IOS security infrastructure device performance
- Create complex network security rules to meet the security policy requirements
- Optimize security functions, rules, and configuration
- Configure and verify NAT to dynamically mitigate identified threats to the network
- Configure and verify IOS Zone Based Firewalls including advanced application inspections and URL filtering
- Configure and verify the IPS features to identify threats and dynamically block them from entering the network
- Maintain, update and tune IPS signatures
- Configure and verify IOS VPN features
- Configure amd verify Layer 2 and Layer 3 security features
- Advanced Cisco IOS security software configuraiton fault finding and repairing
- Advanced Cisco routers and switches hardware fault finding and repairing
The following course is the recommended training for this exam.
- Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE)
Courses listed are offered by Cisco Learning Partners-the only authorized source for Cisco IT training delivered exclusively by Certified Cisco Instructors. Check the List of Learning Partners for a Cisco Learning Partner nearest you
A variety of Cisco Press titles may be available for this exam. These titles can be purchased through the Cisco Marketplace Bookstore, directly from Cisco Press.