Cisco Rich Media Communications Exam
|Exam Number||642-481 CRMC|
|Associated Certifications||Cisco Rich Media Communications Specialist|
|Duration||90 minutes (75 - 85 questions)|
|Available Languages||English, Japanese|
|Exam Policies||Read current policies and requirements|
|Exam Tutorial||Review type of exam questions|
The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam.
Describe a Cisco video over IP network in different customer scenarios using the concepts and components of a Cisco Unified Videoconferencing solution.
- Identify different video over IP scenarios and characterize the Cisco supported video supported components.
- Describe video communication features and identify customer feature requirements.
- Compare different characteristics of video calls and will identify transcoding requirements and list the ports used in IP video communication.
- Describe the purpose, structure and definition of H.323 IP video components and examine a H.323 IP video call flow.
- Define complex H.323 IP video environment operations, including zones, service prefixes, call admission control and gatekeeper redundancy.
- Describe H.323 video conference call flow operation and H.323 MCU integration in a H.323 network.
- Describe basic SCCP video communication, identify the components involved in a Cisco Unified CallManager video call, and describe a basic, and conference video call flow.
- Describe different video over IP networking scenarios, their interworking options and issues and select appropriate Cisco video over IP solution for customer's scenarios.
- Size and select the appropriate Cisco IP Video component to fit customer requirements.
- Select the appropriate protocol and hardware to cover customer's feature requirements.
Determine the appropriate design for integrating the Cisco Unified Videoconferencing solutions in different video over IP networking environments.
- Describe supported video implementation for different network scenarios from different H.323 and Cisco Unified CallManager deployment models.
- Plan and design video conferencing and associated dial plans in different Cisco supported environments.
- Design H.320 integration, H.320 gateway redundancy, and dial plan for H.320 integration for different Cisco supported scenarios.
- Determine the supported features, identify interworking restrictions and design dial plan for Cisco Unified CallManager and H.323 interworking.
- Design call admission control for H.323, Cisco Unified CallManager and interworking scenarios.
- Design campus and WAN QoS for IP Video Communication.
Implement and configure H.323 video and Cisco Unified CallManager video telephony in Cisco supported scenarios.
- Gather information about an H.323 IP video environment, configure H.323 gatekeeper registration for video enabled H.323 terminal, and configure CAC on the H.323 gatekeeper.
- Enable CCM for video deployment; configure, verify and troubleshoot bandwidth management and implement the Cisco VTA solution.
- Configure H.323 gatekeeper for IP video conferencing, configure, verify and troubleshoot a dial plan for the integration and configure, verify, and troubleshoot an H.323 IP-IP for WAN scenarios.
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot the IPVC 3500 MCU with EMP board and enable MCU/EMP features including; continuous presence and voice activated video conferencing.
- Configure Cisco Unified CallManager and MCU for video conferencing in a SCCP and H.323 environment.
- Configure a H.323 gatekeeper for H.323/H.320 gateway registration, implement a dial plan. Configure the IPVC 3500 PRI and BRI gateways and describe the purpose of IP-IP gateway in a WAN H.323/H.320 interworking environment.
- Configure Cisco Unified CallManager and IPVC 3500 gateway in a SCCP environment and describe the purpose of a IP-IP gateway in that scenario.
Describe the features, functions, and benefits of a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express implementation.
- Identify the 4 different voice integration options available with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express voice/web conferencing.
- Describe the customer benefits of a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express implementation.
- Describe the major features, functions, and benefits of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Web conferencing.
- Describe the features, functions, and benefits of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express scheduling, notification and attending features.
- Describe the features, functions, and benefits of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express voice conferencing.
- Describe the features, functions, and benefits of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express IP Phone integration.
- Identify the major features, functions, and benefits of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Administration Web interface.
Describe the information required to design a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express solution for a customer
- Describe the different network topologies with the various call control platforms available for the deployment of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express.
- Determine the appropriate Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express System implementation to meet customer requirements.
- Describe the relationship of the different Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express architectural components.
- Describe the voice codec design requirements for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express end-user devices.
- Describe the Crisis Management solution available with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express.
- Describe the different security settings and options available for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express deployments.
Describe the information required to implement a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express solution for a customer
- Identify the web browser requirements for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express end-user devices.
- Describe the major Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express installation and configuration steps.
- Describe the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express parameters and operations of the outdial features.
- Describe the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express voice and web conferencing timers and system parameters operations.
- Describe the major System Administration capabilities available with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express web interface.
- Describe the implementation requirements for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express SMTP Email Integration and notification.
- Describe the implementation requirements and operations of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Authentication options and LDAP integration.
Describe different operations and maintenance capabilities with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express.
- Describe the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express end user Browser Test functions.
- Describe the management reporting capabilities available for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express solution System Administrators.
The following course is the recommended training for this exam.
- Implementing Cisco IP Video Conference Rich Media Communications (ICRMC)
Courses listed are offered by Cisco Learning Partners-the only authorized source for Cisco IT training delivered exclusively by Certified Cisco Instructors. Check the List of Learning Partners for a Cisco Learning Partner nearest you
A variety of Cisco Press titles may be available for this exam. These titles can be purchased through the Cisco Marketplace Bookstore, directly from Cisco Press.