Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking
|Exam Number||640-911 DCICN|
|Associated Certifications||CCNA Data Center Certification|
|Duration||90 minutes (65-75 questions)|
|Exam Policies||Read current policies and requirements|
|Exam Tutorial||Review type of exam questions|
The 640-911 DCICN Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking is one of the exams associated with the CCNA Datacenter Certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of networking concepts for the Data Center environment, based on Nexus-OS. You will learn fundamental information on how a Data center network works, how to configure virtualization in the network, addressing schemes, troubleshooting and configuration skills. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the course DCICN, Introducing Cisco Data center Networking.
» View exam details
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice.
» View exam details
Describe how a network works
- Describe the purpose and functions of various network devices
- Select the components required to meet a network specification
- Use the OSI and TCP/IP models and their associated protocols to explain how data flows in a network
- Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP models
Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
- Explain the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
- Explain basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches
- Describe and Configure enhanced switching technologies (including: VTP, VLAN, 802.1q,STP)
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
- Describe the operation and benefits of using private and public IP addressing
- Describe the difference between IPv4 and IPv6 addressing scheme.
Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices
- Describe and Configure basic routing concepts (including: packet forwarding, router lookup process)
- Describe the operation of Cisco routers (including: router bootup process, POST, router components)
The following course is the recommended training for this exam.
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)
Courses listed are offered by Cisco Learning Partners-the only authorized source for Cisco IT training delivered exclusively by Certified Cisco Instructors. Check the List of Learning Partners for a Cisco Learning Partner nearest you
A variety of Cisco Press titles may be available for this exam. These titles can be purchased through the Cisco Marketplace Bookstore, directly from Cisco Press.