Cisco Unity Support Specialist
Learn more about the advanced features of Cisco Unity Support Specialist certification.
Building upon a strong operational understanding of Cisco Unity Connection, the Unity Support Specialist can install, configure, operate, and maintain a Cisco Unity Connection 8.x system in both stand-alone voice mail and unified messaging environments. Specialists will learn how to integrate Unity Connection with other advanced Collaboration products , implement advanced features, administer Voicemail Class of Service, implement security features and provision many other new capabilities.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|642-263 IUC||Implementing Cisco Unity Connection (IUC)|
The best way to prepare for the certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
Implementing Cisco Unity Connection (IUC)
The IUC v8.0 ILT course describes Cisco Unity Connection installation, networking and advanced features, options and configuration settings.
» Learn More
The following resources are suggested study supplements; they are not designed to serve as a complete self-study program.
- 642-263 IUC Exam Topics
- Cisco Unity Support Specialist Learning Map
- Introducing Voice over IP
- Cisco Voice Gateway and Gatekeepers: Chapter 17 (Sample Chapter Only)
- Troubleshooting Common Cisco Unity Integration Issues
- Unified Communications Library
- Additional Unified Communications content
- Cisco Learning Network - A variety of self-study materials can be found here.
Learning Partner Content
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
The 642-263 IUC Implementing the Cisco Unity Connection exam is associated with the Cisco Unity Support Specialist certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of Cisco Unity Connection v8.0 installation, networking, and advanced features, options, and configuration settings. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Implementing the Cisco Unity Connection (IUC) course.
Complete one of the following recertification options every two years:
- Re-take and pass all exams for each Specialist certification indicated on the specific certification page. Please note: this includes ALL exams whether refreshed or not.
- Pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam
Achieving or recertifying CCDE or any CCIE automatically extends your active Specialist certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.