CCNA Service Provider Operations
Learn more about the CCNA Service Provider Operations certification.
The CCNA Service Provider Operations Certification is being retired. The last day to test for the CCNA Service Provider Operations certification will be January 31, 2015. No new certifications will be issued beginning February 1, 2015.
Cisco Certified Network Associate Service Provider Operations (CCNA SP Operations) validates basic knowledge and skills (of a Tier I support engineer) in a prescriptive troubleshooting environment within carrier class IP NGN core network infrastructure. CCNA SP Operations curriculum includes incident (event), fault, configuration, change, and performance management procedures, along with NMS tools and protocols.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
Last day to test
January 31, 2015
|Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations (SSPO)|
|NOTE: Updated ICND1, ICND2, and CCNA Composite exams can be applied towards the achievement of several Cisco associate-level certifications. Please visit the Associate-level Exam Logic Tool for more details.|
The following resources are suggested study materials:
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
- CCNA SP Ops Certification Syllabus
- CCNA SP Ops Certification Study Group
- Cisco Learning Network Premium Subscription
- IT Training Videos and Seminars
Get all your CCNA Service Provider Operations questions answered.
Learning Partner Content
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations (SSPO)
The Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations (SSPO) course is designed to introduce entry-level personnel to the service provider network operations environment, processes orientation, and management tools and methods, and enables students to practice the primary job roles and tasks.
» Learn More
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
The 640-760 Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations exam is designed to introduce entry level personnel to the SP network operations environment, processes-orientation, management tools and methods, and enables students to practice their primary job responsibilities and tasks. The exam is also intended to help prepare students for the Cisco Certified Network Associate SP Operations (CCNA SP Operations) certification exam.
CCNA SP Operations certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page.