Registered Cisco Partners and Authorized Resellers receive the following benefits in addition to the wealth of information available to guest users:
Cisco.com's industry-leading Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Web Site offers online knowledge bases, tools, and software to assist in the resolution of technical problems without the wait sometimes associated with a phone call. The TAC Web Site homepage can resolve most common technical difficulties with a range of tools and methods. Of particular interestto Premier Resellers are the following TAC Web Site interactive tools:
- Open Forum: provides proven solutions developed by Cisco Certified Internetwork Experts (CCIEs).
- Guided TAC Search: assists in resolving technical issues with an easy-to-use, three-step process.
- Bug Toolkit: searches the Cisco defect database for any documented issues with Cisco products and technologies.
- Troubleshooting Assistant: provides a comprehensive, interactive diagnositic session for a variety of Cisco technologies and products.
- The Field Notice Tool: offers a proactive notification service to alert users when new Field Notices are posted to Cisco.com.
Cisco Partner E-Support provides searchable questions and answers about common issues encountered by Cisco Partners and Resellers. Topics include pre-sales product and technology questions, partner information updates, Certification and Specialization, and the partner locator.
Additional benefits include:
- Partner E-Learning Connection is the primary learning source for channel partners to receive fast, accessible training solutions in a variety of formats.
- Cisco Channel News is Cisco's bimonthly reseller newsletter, which contains announcements, product details, regional information, and selling tips.
- Cisco TV provides direct interaction with experts as they cover hot topics in Cisco internetworking solutions.
- Current Promotionsare available to Partners & Resellers offering rewards, incentives, and extra discounts.
Cisco Direct Partners
If you are a Cisco Partner who buys direct from Cisco, you may receive additional technical support and ordering benefits.
Cisco.com's industry-leading Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Web Site helps save Cisco Partners time by providing online resources to resolve common technical problems:
- Browse: scan index pages of technical information throughout the entire Cisco Systems Web Site, organized into six areas:
- Products & Services
- Training & Events
- Partner Central
- Guided TAC Search: search with an interactive tool that asks questions, then identifies relevant technical content.
- Select & Download Software: review compatibility information, access the IOS Roadmap, search for bugs, and choose and download appropriate software.
- Install & Configure: consult configuration and installation documentation, and use configuration tools.
- Troubleshoot: find field notices and security advisories, search for bugs, consult troubleshooting resources, and analyze command output.
- Top Issues: view pages highlighting the most current general issues (such as password recovery or general routers) and technology-specific issues (such as ATM, DSL, or Wireless).
- Tool Index: offers an alphabetical listing of all online tools, including, for example:
- 2600/3600 Memory Calculator
- Cisco Feature Navigator
- Output Interpreter
- Software Bug Toolkit
- Troubleshooting Assistant
- Other References: miscellaneous technical resources, including glossaries, the Documentation CD-ROM, product specs, Cisco Icons, and RFCs.
- Networking Communities: ask experts, search forum and newsgroup archives, and attend online presentations.
The Cisco Ordering Site lets partners place and manage orders for Cisco networking products and services via the Internet. Requires a separate Internet Commerce registration.
Cisco Partners receive access to Product Approval Status (homologation) reports.
The Configuration Tool, one of Cisco Systems' interactive Internet Commerce Applications, lets partners search for configurable Cisco products and create a product configuration online. Other Commerce Tools require a separate Internet Commerce registration:
- RMA/Service Order Tools: view the status of RMAs and service orders, check the Cisco parts catalog, and order service parts.
- Returns Tool: submit returns for credit online.
- Status Tool: view the status of orders and returns submitted to Cisco.
- Service Contract Tools: manage Cisco service contracts.
- Pricing Tool: access Cisco's price lists using a variety of search methods.
- Lead Times Tool: check lead times on product orders.
Additional Partner benefits include:
- Partner Initiated Customer Access (PICA): allows partners to provide their customers with contract numbers for use during Cisco.com registrations.
- SMARTnet Partner Notification: partners selling SMARTnet contracts can request notification when their customers open and close cases, download software, request parts, and more.