Download User Guides
- Cisco Explorer 1640HDC and 1642HDC Digital-Only High-Definition Interactive Set-Tops (PDF - 3.42 MB)
- Next Generation Cable Set-Top Boxes At-A-Glance (PDF - 491 KB)
- Data Sheet (PDF - 232 KB)
- Next-generation digital interactive and multimedia gateway (non-DVR)
- Cisco sixth-generation application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) for a 300 percent improvement in processing power
- MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 video decoders
- 1-GHz tuning
- Advanced DOCSIS Set-Top Gateway (ADSG) and tru2way capability
- Digital-only tuning options
- IP-enabled video distribution through optional MoCA and Ethernet builds
- DTCP-IP encryption of content as it is being distributed across devices
- Expanded HD and video-on-demand (VoD) advanced services support
- Ideal functionality for additional outlets in the home
Bring Digital Interactive Services to Multiple TVs
Support high-definition (HD) whole home digital video recorder (DVR) services with the Cisco Explorer 1640HDC High-Definition Digital-Only Interactive Set-Top Box Series. These set-tops:
- Are designed to offer the same performance and capabilities as the Cisco Explorer 4600HDC series
- Have a reduced connector offering and an industrial design that does not include a front panel display
- Are ideal for additional outlets and HD television sets in the home
The Cisco Explorer 1640HDC series features an industry-leading chipset that delivers 300 percent more processing power than from previous models. Whole home content distribution is possible through either Ethernet or Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) options.
Digital Transmission Content Protection over IP (DTCP-IP) support helps enable highly secure whole home content. Subscribers can share the DVR or user-generated Internet-based video across multiple set-tops or personal computers in the home.
Cisco offers multiple models within the Explorer 1640HDC set-top series. You can easily address your specific business objectives, whether they include new service tiers or digital-only tuning for bandwidth optimization.