A Collaborative Partnership
Cisco, the "Premier Network Technology Partner of Rock Band" partnered with Harmonix so they could take advantage of Cisco collaboration tools such as TelePresence and WebEx to increase efficiency and collaboration opportunities as they gear up for the launch of Rock Band 2.
Be sure to check out the online series that takes you behind the scenes of the making of Rock Band 2.
The exciting new feature of Rock Band 2, that enables gamers the ability to play together over the network from remote locations, is a perfect demonstration of the Human Network Effect!
About Rock Band 2 and Harmonix
Rock Band 2 builds upon the original, challenging players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals, and raises the bar to include an entirely new level of depth, connectivity, authenticity and exhilarating features, including:
- MUSIC: The Rock Band 2 soundtrack features over 100 songs - with 84 songs on disc plus an additional 20 bonus tracks which will be made available for free download this fall. Players will have access to all previously purchased DLC tracks, packs and albums as well as future DLC releases, as well as the ability to export most of the original Rock Band disc tracks into Rock Band 2. The music in Rock Band 2 features all master recordings and spans all genres of rock from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock.
- Battle of the Bands: Go head to head competing against other bands with Battle of the Bands contests that will be generated by Harmonix on a daily and weekly basis.
- Tour Challenge: Play through mini-campaigns focused on a specific instrument, your favorite artist, your preferred genre, or a particular album.
- World Tour: Solo Tour and Band World Tour join forces to create the ultimate band touring experience with a collection of opportunity gigs, challenges, cities, venues and hirable staff.
- DLC Compatibility: All previously purchased tracks will immediately load into your Rock Band 2 play list! No need to re-purchase or re-download!
- Drum Trainer: Turn your expert drum skills into real drum chops.
- Rock Band 1 Track Export: Consumers who already own Rock Band 1 and have an online connection will receive a software key for a nominal expanded licensing fee ($4.99) and be able to import most songs from the Rock Band game disc into their Rock Band 2 song library!
- Rock Shop: Link your custom character to your RockBand.com profile and get access to create personalized photos, statues resembling your in-game character and other merchandise from t-shirts to posters, just like a real band!
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., based in Cambridge, MA, and established in 1995, is the leading developer of groundbreaking music-oriented videogames. Harmonix was founded by Alex Rigopulos and Eran Egozy, who formed the company to invent new ways for non-musicians to experience the unique joy that comes from making music and have pioneered music and rhythm gaming in the US. For more information please visit: www.harmonixmusic.com
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) enables people to make powerful connections - whether in business, education, philanthropy, or creativity. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create the Internet solutions that make networks possible - providing easy access to information anywhere, at any time. Cisco was founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University. Since the company's inception, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies. Today, with more than 63,050 employees worldwide, this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in the company's core development areas of routing and switching, as well as in advanced technologies.