Get to Know Cisco Champions
Cisco Champions are passionate about sharing their knowledge and expertise.
Become a Candidate
Are you passionate about Cisco and active on social media?Let Us Know
Passionate Experts, Global Champions for Change
What makes a Cisco Champion? Passion, plus a desire to share their perspectives with the community. There are Cisco Champions all over the world. They represent a variety of segments across the IT industry. And they offer their time to help others learn about Cisco and connect with Cisco in unique ways.
In addition to sharing their insights and expertise, Cisco Champions make a difference by:
- Supporting their peers in social communities, forums, and networks
- Sharing their relevant experiences and thoughts on Cisco blogs
- Providing valuable feedback directly to Cisco
- And more
Cisco Champions have a unique opportunity to contribute to and enhance the way people use the latest technologies. They also receive:
- Recognition for their contributions
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Opportunities to directly communicate with Cisco employees
Questions about the Cisco Champions Program? Contact us.
At Ping Mobile, Isaac works daily to expand the saleability and efficiency of mobile marketing platforms and services for a diverse clientele, including Fortune 1000 companies. He has lent his creative technology expertise and trend forecasting capabilities to publications such as The New York Times and Mobile Marketer, and contributes regularly to numerous industry blogs.
John is a South Florida-based technology architect specializing in small business information and networking. He has been actively deploying and troubleshooting Cisco routers since 1995. John is lead inventor on a VoIP-related patent (8,089,952) which used RADIUS billing data from the Cisco AS5xxx series to intelligently reroute fax and data calls.
Teren has been working in computer networks professionally for over 20 years, and is currently pursuing his Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert certification in Route-Switch. He has a large lab at home, plus an obsessive need to play with technology and learn things. Teren is an avid watcher of industry trends, and a returning student of Computer Science and Business at the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
Bill holds a Cisco Certified Network Professional Wireless certification and a Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification. He has worked in several Fortune 500 companies as a Senior Network Engineer in industries from entertainment to manufacturing. Bill loves working with Cisco products and solutions, and has a passion for wireless networking.
What is the Cisco Champions Program?
The purpose of the Cisco Champions Program is to create and nurture a network of people who are passionate about Cisco and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco.
The Cisco Champions program encompasses different areas of interest and geographical areas within the company, providing a variety of opportunities for Champions to participate in the program.
Who is eligible to be a Cisco Champion?
This program is open to individual Cisco enthusiasts who are 18 years of age or older. An ideal Cisco Champion:
- Is active on social media
- Expresses positive sentiment about Cisco
- Has expertise in the IT industry
- Chooses to actively participate in conversations relevant to Cisco and the IT industry
Cisco reserves the final right to select Cisco Champion status for an individual.
How are Cisco Champion members selected?
Members can be selected in two ways:
- Cisco identifies potential candidates that meet the criteria outlined above
- Candidates can nominate themselves or their peers for consideration in the program
What are the benefits of being a Cisco Champion?
Benefits of the Cisco Champions program include, but are not limited to:
- Exclusive meeting and event opportunities
- Special access to certain technology groups and executives
- Invitations to provide feedback to Cisco on various topics
- Access to a private online community initiated by and for Cisco Champions
- Sneak peeks
- A digital Cisco Champion badge that can be used in email signatures, websites, and social networks during the membership years. See guidelines here.
How do Cisco Champions share their membership status?
Cisco Champions are welcome to share their membership status in the following ways:
- Feature their electronic Cisco Champion badges in any email signature, personal website, and social website profile
- Include the hashtag #CiscoChampion in any tweet
- Talk about Cisco Champions and their membership in the program offline
- Wear and use official Cisco Champion logo wear and accessories if and when they become available
What are the requirements for maintaining Cisco Champions membership?
Cisco Champion members are encouraged to stay engaged in the program through activities such as, but not limited to:
- Interacting with and supporting fellow Cisco users in their own social networks and on Cisco social networks
- Contributing Cisco or industry expertise through blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, or other online social channels
- Engaging and attending exclusive Cisco Champion events, calls, sessions, and more
- As the program evolves, engagement opportunities will evolve as well
Cisco reserves the right to remove Cisco Champion status for an individual. Reasons may be but are not limited to:
- Not staying active in the program
- Identifying oneself a Cisco representative
- Attacking or negatively inflaming online conversations or otherwise making disparaging comments
- Accepting a job with a Cisco competitor
- Any other reason in Cisco's sole discretion
What interest areas and geographical locations does the Cisco Champions Program cover?
The Cisco Champions Program encompasses many interests and locations. This is our current list. More interest areas will be posted soon.
If you are interested in being a Cisco Champion contact the Cisco Champion in your region or interest area.
- Cisco Champions for Corporate
- Cisco Champions for Data Center (details here)
- Cisco Champions for Networking Academy
- Cisco Champions for Collaboration
- Gagan Garg, Cisco Champions for India
- Cisco Champions for Canada
Questions? Contact us.