The Cisco Open Source Microgrant Program supports individuals and teams affiliated with qualified nonprofit organizations that are interested in working with Cisco and the open source community. Cisco evaluates projects based on the following criteria:
- Leads to collaborative open source contributions
- Leads to projects that fit with our products and technologies
- Increases demand for the products and services
- Contributes to reference standards implementations
- Increases the adoptability of related technologies
- Supports the spirit of open source and our tradition of giving back to our community
Work on the Microgrant project may begin and end after the quarter in which the Microgrant is awarded. Applications are evaluated by a cross-disciplinary team of technical and business representatives. Proposals can be submitted on the Microgrant Application Page.