Moscow State University research is primarily focused on signal processing of 2D and 3D video content, including the following:
- Real-time Bidirectional Optical Flow for multiview conversion:
- real-time stereo-to-multiview conversion
- conversion of parallax of 3D video on-the-fly
- 3D video quality estimation. Measurement of
- subjective perception of depth
- 3D devices characteristics
- Multiview video compression
- Dozens of high definition views yield huge amount of data to store and transfer
More information can be found at the CS MSU Graphics & Media Lab (Video Group) web-site: www.compression.ru/video/.
Alexander Voronov, Alexey Borisov, Dmitriy Vatolin, "System for Automatic Detection of Distorted Scenes in Stereo Video" , International Workshop on Video Processing and Quality Metrics for Consumer Electrocnics (VPQMC'12), Scottsdale, AZ, USA, January 2012.
Dmitriy Vatolin, Mikhail Erofeev, Anton Zachesov, Denis Sumin, Dmitriy Akimov, Alexey Fedorov, "Testing Methods for 3D Content Viewing Devices" , International Workshop on Video Processing and Quality Metrics for Consumer Electrocnics (VPQMC'12), Scottsdale, AZ, USA, January 2012.