What's the Future of Television?
See how Videoscape Unity connects experiences, your way. (2:38 min)
NDS is now part of Cisco
Cisco and NDS will transform how service providers and media companies deliver next-generation video experiences to consumers worldwide.
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, CES 2013, January 7, 2012 - Today in a press conference at CES 2013, Cisco will unveil Videoscape Unity, its new and expanded Videoscape video services delivery platform. This new platform empowers service providers and media companies to deliver new intuitive and synchronized multiscreen video experiences. These include a multiscreen cloud digital video recorder (DVR), which enables consumers to restart shows, catch up on past programs, and play back DVR-captured content from anywhere, on any screen.
For the first time, video operators will have an agile, open software platform that goes above and beyond "TV Everywhere" services, empowering operators to speed the delivery of immersive multi-screen video experiences that advance their unique service and brand visions.
- Q: What has Cisco acquired?
- A:Cisco acquired the NDS Group Ltd. in July, 2012, including Jungo, CastUP, and SiVenture. NDS was the leading provider of video software and content security solutions that enable service providers to securely deliver and monetize new video entertainment experiences. NDS solutions, customer base, and services model will accelerate delivery of the Cisco Videoscape Unity platform. Together, Cisco and NDS will transform the video entertainment industry, helping service providers and media companies to take full advantage of the cloud and promote new monetization opportunities and service differentiation.
- Q: What are Cisco Videoscape and Videoscape Unity?
- A: Videoscape is a platform for video service providers and media companies to create a new, TV Everywhere, video entertainment experience that is simpler for consumers. It has the potential to transform the market opportunity for service providers.
Videoscape Unity is the continuing evolution of Cisco Videoscape, integrating strengths of the NDS acquisition, to bring powerful enhancements across cloud-network-client assets. It empowers service providers and media companies to create and connect new synchronized, personalized, and intuitive experiences across multiple screens-at the speed of now.
- Q: How does this acquisition align to Cisco's five priorities?
- A: The acquisition of NDS expands Cisco's commitment to video, one of Cisco's five foundational priorities and one of the biggest drivers of future IP traffic growth. As part of the Cisco Videoscape platform, the acquisition will help bring a secure, enhanced video viewing experience to various devices in the home, while helping service providers to differentiate their video offerings. NDS engineering and leadership talent will further strengthen the Videoscape team and broaden Cisco's capabilities.
If you are an existing customer or partner of NDS and have questions about your product or service, please continue to contact your existing NDS account managers or firstname.lastname@example.org. For Jungo, contact email@example.com, and for CastUP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you are an existing customer or partner of Cisco and have questions about your product or services, please continue to contact your existing Cisco sales representative or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDS technologies enhance the Cisco Videoscape platform in the following ways:
- Powerful applications software and robust content security
- Highly differentiated services for service providers over managed and unmanaged networks to a variety of devices
- Customer relationships in new service provider segments
- A broad footprint in emerging markets