100% Cloud Managed Networking
Discover the power of the Cisco Meraki Cloud Managed Solution.
Centralized Visibility and Control
Cisco Meraki Cloud Managed Networking provides centralized management, reducing cost and complexity.
Improve Control, While Cutting Costs and Complexity
Cisco Meraki cloud-managed edge and branch networking solutions simplify enterprise-class networks. Wireless, switching, security, and devices are centrally managed from the cloud, In this way, Meraki gives network administrators visibility and control, without the cost and complexity of traditional architectures.
Wireless - Benefits
- Ultra-high performance, up to 900 Mbps
- Integrated wireless security and guest access
- Cloud-based management eliminating the need for controller hardware
Security Appliances - Benefits
- Provides complete networking, security, and application control
- Centrally managed through the cloud
- Includes WAN optimization, VPN, firewall, and branch routing
Access Switches - Benefits
- Offers 24 and 48 port Gigabit Ethernet (GE) models with Power over Ethernet (PoE) on all ports
- Centrally managed with monitoring and alerts
- Optimized for voice and video traffic
Mobile Device Management - Benefits
- Centrally manage mobile devices, Macs, and PCs
- Makes it easier to push applications to any number of devices
- Helps you enforce restrictions and security policies
- Q: What did Cisco acquire?
- A: Cisco acquired San Francisco-based Meraki on Dec 20, 2012, a leader in cloud networking. Meraki technology offers customers on premise networking solutions, centrally managed from the cloud, that are easy to deploy and manage.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose Meraki?
- A: Meraki's cloud networking solutions deliver value to mid-market businesses while enhancing Cisco's enterprise network offerings to customers. The acquisition of Meraki addresses the rapidly occurring shift to cloud networking as a key part of Cisco's overall strategy to accelerate our adoption of software based business models that provide new consumption options for our customers and revenue opportunities for our partners.
- Q: What do you mean by mid-market?
- A: Mid- market businesses have the IT needs of an enterprise, without the IT resource bandwidth and expertise. They typically have lean IT staffs that appreciate the simple and easy to deploy and manage solution that Meraki provides.
- Q: Define cloud networking.
- A: Cloud networking is the technology that allows on-premise networking equipment to be managed and controlled from the cloud.
- Q: Will Cisco continue to invest in Meraki's products?
- A: Yes. Meraki will form Cisco's new Cloud Networking Group and continue to develop Meraki's current software and hardware products, in addition to new products.
- Q: What is the target market for Meraki's products?
- A: Cisco will continue to focus Meraki's product on midmarket customers and those with lean IT staffs.
- Q: What are the sales and partner integration plans?
- A: Cisco will continue to invest in Meraki's inside and field sales teams, in addition to Meraki's partners.
If you are an existing customer or partner of Meraki and have questions about your product or service, please continue to contact your existing Meraki partner or Meraki account manager or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an existing customer or partner of Cisco and have questions about your product or services, please continue to contact your existing Cisco sales representative or contact email@example.com.
Accelerating Cisco's Networking Solutions
Cisco continues to solve our customers' business challenges by delivering architectures and services on the intelligent network platform, including cloud. The acquisition of Meraki addresses the rapidly occurring shift to cloud networking as a key part of Cisco's overall strategy to accelerate our adoption of software based business models that provide new consumption options for our customers and revenue opportunities for our partners.