The Cisco Takeback and Recycle Program makes the treatment, recovery, recycling, and environmentally sound disposal of Cisco products easy. Cisco does not charge customers for pickup, transportation or for recycling of the equipment. You can avoid the cost of managing and storing excess, outdated, or used networking equipment by following these steps:
- Document inventory to be recycled by location (building/city/country).
- Customer's responsibility for product readiness requirements:
- De-installation requirements
- Packing material needed
- Personnel resources required to pack inventory
- Address where pickup is required
- Complete online Cisco Takeback and Recycle Program Pickup Request Form:
- When completing the Takeback and Recycle Pickup Request Form you must be registered on Cisco.com and use the same email address you used when registering at Cisco.com.
- List the product detail, contact information, and pickup location(s) on the form.
- Submit the form.
- Receive application confirmation
- You will receive an email confirmation that includes a Customer Take Back (CTB) Number.
- You will receive a second email confirmation that includes your Case Number (example Case Number: 333XXXXXXX). If you do not receive this second email you have not been successful at opening a case.
- A Cisco approved recycler will contact you to schedule pickup within three business days of receiving the Takeback and Recycle Program request.
- Prepare the products for shipping
- For products with easily removable batteries, the batteries should be removed from the battery compartment prior to returning the product. Check your local waste handling regulations for proper disposal of the removed batteries.
- Follow packing guidelines.
- Attach the shipping label to each box you are shipping.
You must reference the Customer Take Back Number and Case Number that is included in your email confirmations on any correspondence with the Cisco recycling coordinator.
If you request a Certificate of Destruction (COD) while entering your pickup request, upon completion of the recycling process, the COD will be emailed to the contact listed on the Pickup Request Form.