Featured Unified Computing Products
Deliver a scalable and flexible architecture for current and future data center needs; help reduce total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Fits up to 8 half-width, or 4 full-width Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
- Includes unified fabric and fabric-extender technology to ease deployment
- Mounts in an industry-standard 19-inch rack
- Uses standard front-to-back cooling, improves energy efficiency
- Reduces physical components, requires no independent management
- Optimizes performance, energy efficiency, and flexibility
- Supports virtualized and non-virtualized applications
- Adapts processor performance to application demands
- Scales energy use based on utilization
- Uses network adapters for consolidated access to the unified fabric
Address varying workloads by balancing processing, memory, I/O, and internal storage resources.
- Helps reduce TCO and increase business agility
- Balances simplicity, performance, and density
- Optimizes production-level virtualization, web infrastructure, and data center workloads
- Extends Unified Computing innovations and benefits to rack-mounted servers
- Houses up to 16 internal disk drives for up to 8 terabytes of storage
Create a single, highly available management domain with capabilities that support all attached blades and chassis.
- Delivers line-rate, low-latency, and lossless performance
- Supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Simplifies deployment of a fully virtualized data center implementation
- Provides both LAN and SAN connectivity for all within-domain blades
- Centralizes unified management with Cisco UCS Manager software
Simplify integration with third-party or in-house tools; create an extensible management architecture.
- Manages Cisco UCS as a single, highly available end-to-end entity
- Provides flexible role- and policy-based management
- Helps improve IT productivity and business agility
- Simplifies infrastructure provisioning
- Shifts focus from maintenance to implementing strategic initiatives
All Unified Computing Products
The Cisco Unified Computing System is built to meet today’s demands while being ready to handle future technologies. That future includes more powerful processors and faster Ethernet standards. Cisco UCS helps to reduce total cost of ownership by automating element-management tasks. It does so with service profiles that enable just-in-time provisioning.
- Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects
- Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis
- Cisco UCS 2100 Series Fabric Extenders
Unified Computing Solutions
The Cisco Unified Computing System represents a radical simplification of traditional architectures. It dramatically reduces the number of devices that you must purchase, deploy, and maintain. Cisco UCS delivers end-to-end optimization for virtualized environments while retaining the ability to support traditional OS and application stacks in physical environments.
Solutions for Your Business
Deploy Cisco’s class-leading, next-generation data center platform. It unites computing, networking, storage access, and virtualization into one cohesive system.
Unite computing, networking, storage access, and virtualization with a solution that decouples scale from complexity.
Improve agility and reduce costs by consolidating and relocating IT infrastructure quickly and with less risk.
Combine the manageability and efficiency of a centralized infrastructure with the flexibility of a locally distributed system.
Reduce the impact of localized events and improve productivity through enhanced application and data availability.
Simplify the transition to a private cloud with Virtual Computing Environment coalition IT.
Adopt service solutions to help define your deployment strategy. Get the most from your unified computing investment. Maintain optimal performance.
Get the expert help you need to plan, build, and run the Cisco UCS. Solutions address server virtualization, mobility management, stateless computing, application provisioning, and other solutions.
Learn About Unified Computing
At A Glance
The Cisco Unified Computing System is a next-generation data center platform that:
- Unites computing, networking, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system
- Integrates a low-latency, lossless 10 Gigabit Ethernet unified network fabric with enterprise-class, x86-architecture servers
This approach decouples scale from complexity. A given Cisco UCS might have 1 server or 320 servers with thousands of virtual machines. All resources participate in a unified management domain designed to:
- Reduce total cost of ownership at the platform, site, and organizational levels
- Increase IT staff productivity and business agility
- Deliver just-in-time provisioning and mobility support
The system incorporates:
- Standards-based unified network fabric
- A partner support ecosystem of industry leaders
- Cisco VN-Link virtualization support
- Cisco Extended Memory Technology (PDF - 150 KB)
The Cisco Unified Computing System supports an incremental deployment model. That approach protects customer investments with a future migration path to unified computing.
Featured Case Study
Construction Firm Alters Data Center Economics (PDF - 540 KB)
Tutor Perini Corporation reduced its new data center device count by 60 percent with the Cisco Unified Computing System.
Molina Healthcare consolidates its data centers to achieve savings, efficiency, and a greater competitive advantage.
Transforming Evidence Management in Law Enforcement (PDF - 1.3 MB)
TASER Virtual Systems provides online access to petabytes of evidence using Cisco Unified Computing System products.
Data Center Insights
Get the latest news about products, technologies, services, and resources.Subscribe Now
Cisco Uses Unified Computing
See how Cisco deployed Cisco UCS and uses it in its virtualization strategy.Watch Videos