Save with Cisco UCS SmartPlays
See special offers on preconfigured Cisco servers.
Run Your Trusted Applications on a Trusted Platform
Together, Cisco and Microsoft offer flexible, open, and innovative solutions for your IT needs. By using Cisco data center solutions for your Microsoft applications, private cloud solutions, and Windows with Hyper-V, you can:
Cisco Wins Best of Tech Ed 2012 Award
Cisco UCS Manager wins the Breakthrough Technology Award at Tech Ed 2012.Read Why
End-to-End Virtualization Solution
Cisco and EMC create a new Microsoft Hyper-V Fast Track solution.Learn More
Testing New Banking Ideas Faster
See how ING Direct benefits from FlexPod with Microsoft Hyper-V. (PDF - 320 KB)Read Case Study
- Respond rapidly to changing business needs
- Scale the data center while avoiding complexity
- Accelerate your transition to virtual and cloud computing
- Better align IT costs with business needs
The Cisco Unified Data Center and its underlying network, computing, and management components offer a holistic, single-fabric data center infrastructure architecture. Highly secure and scalable, the solution optimizes the Microsoft portfolio of enterprise applications and technologies, including:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft SQL Server, including online transaction processing, data warehousing, and business intelligence solutions
- Microsoft private cloud solutions, including server and virtual desktop initiatives
Ready for Microsoft Private Cloud Solutions
Cisco and Microsoft help companies deliver the benefits of Microsoft private cloud solutions. Support simpler deployments of private cloud environments by relying on Cisco support for Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V, as well as integration with System Center 2012. To help you accelerate your transition to the cloud, Cisco, EMC, and NetApp offer validated designs for shared infrastructures and the Microsoft private cloud. These pretested architectural design guides help you achieve greater use of physical and virtual resource pools.
More Than a Strong IT Infrastructure
Cisco also offers prescriptive guidance through Cisco validated designs, blueprints, and technologies. This can help you create a highly secure, optimized environment for your Microsoft application deployments.
Validated Designs & UCS Manager Downloads
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V is an important step in Microsoft's evolution. It provides an industry-leading platform for virtualization that provides a foundation both for on-premise private clouds, host-provided public clouds, and applications such as Exchange, SQL Server, and SharePoint. The main new features of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V include:
- Virtualization for a heterogeneous environment with industry-leading capabilities for Microsoft Windows and Linux workloads
- Enhanced manageability, supporting large-scale server management with the same simplicity as single-server management
- Capability to run any application in any cloud using a common feature set for both on and off-premises deployments
The Cisco Data Center portfolio of the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) server family and Cisco Nexus switch family makes full use of these enhancements. It also adds capabilities based on Cisco experience and innovations as the industry's leading network and data center technology provider. Cisco can deliver a complete solution for your enterprise based on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V. The main Cisco technologies focused on Windows Server 2012 include the following:
- Cisco UCS server platform
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches and Cisco Data Center Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX)
- Cisco UCS Manager, PowerTool for PowerShell and other Cisco management technologies
Efficient management of the computing infrastructure is very important for IT organizations. Cisco and Microsoft work together to provide an integrated management experience for workloads and scenarios, both physical and virtual. To that end, Cisco has developed comprehensive infrastructure management tools for your Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) data center that work with and extend tools you may already use to monitor, provision, configure, and orchestrate your Microsoft server and application software. To achieve this unified operations approach, Cisco has:
- Developed the Cisco UCS Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, helping IT staff monitor health status for 1-to-N Cisco UCS
- Built the Cisco UCS Integration Pack for Microsoft System Center Orchestrator, helping administrators automate and standardize Cisco UCS management
- Integrated Cisco UCS with Microsoft Windows PowerShell through the Cisco UCS PowerTool, making it easier for administrators to manage infrastructure alongside operating systems and applications on Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers, Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers, and stand-alone Cisco UCS C-Series servers by using a command-line interface (CLI)
Cisco brings together Windows Server, Microsoft's applications, networking, storage, virtualization, and management resources into manageable and scalable data center solutions. Addressing today's critical data center concerns, these solutions rely on Cisco UCS computing infrastructure. It provides an optimal environment for your Microsoft applications and virtualization and cloud-computing technologies:
Cisco systems and solutions deliver scalability and performance for tens of thousands of Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.
Cisco systems and solutions improve scalability, availability, and manageability for Microsoft SharePoint deployments.
Cisco systems and solutions are designed, tested, and documented for Microsoft SQL Server deployments.
Microsoft Virtualization and Cisco
Cisco systems and solutions, plus Microsoft virtualization, can help you reduce costs, increase agility, and improve business results.
Log in to access tools and resources specifically designed for Partners.
Intel, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for Microsoft Exchange 2010
Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for Microsoft SQL Server and Consolidation
Cisco Unified Data Center: Provide Optimal Infrastructure for Microsoft Environments and Applications (PDF - 460 KB)
Deliver End-to-End Systems Management for Cisco Data Centers That Run Microsoft Applications
Microsoft on UCS : Simplify Your IT and Transform Your Business (PDF - 820 KB)
FlexPod from Cisco and NetApp: Simplify Your Journey to a Microsoft Private-Cloud Solution
Cisco Virtual Networking: Extend Advanced Networking for Microsoft Hyper-V Environments
Cisco Data Center Solutions for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Environments (PDF - 510 KB)
Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for Microsoft Exchange Server (PDF - 1 MB)
FlexPod from Cisco and NetApp: Simplify Your Journey to a Microsoft Private-Cloud Solution (PDF - 1 MB)
Cisco Reference Configurations for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Fast Track Data Warehouse
Cisco Unified Computing System and Microsoft Windows Server 2012: Get the Most Complete Solution
Cisco Unified Computing System: Deploy Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Cisco Unified Computing System: Meet the Challenges of Virtualization with Microsoft Hyper-V
Cisco Unified Computing System: Meet the Challenges of Microsoft SharePoint Server Workloads
Cisco Unified Computing Systems: Meet the Challenges of Microsoft SQL Server Workloads
Optimally Manage the Data Center Using Systems Management Tools from Cisco and Microsoft
Cloud Ready: Architectural Integration into FlexPod with Microsoft Private Cloud Solution (PDF - 550 KB)
Be Cloud Ready: Architectural Integration for VSPEX Private Cloud for Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V (PDF - 540 KB)
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Failover Cluster on Bare-Metal Microsoft Windows 2008 with Cisco UCS iSCSI-Based Storage Access: Deployment Guide
Cisco VSPEX Solution with Microsoft Fast Track 3.0 Small Implementation