Cisco UCS 5 Year Customer Celebration
Cisco celebrates 5 years of Unified Computing System (UCS) success as told through global customers and Cisco executives.
Cisco UCS Outperforms HP Blade Servers
Cisco UCS demonstrated lower latency than the HP BladeSystem c7000 with Virtual Connect for every test group and every packet size.
Cisco UCS Outperforms IBM Flex System Blades
Cisco UCS delivered better performance than IBM (faster virtual machine migration times) for every group size tested..
CISCO #1 in the Americas, Australia and Philippines
Based on X86 Blade Server MarketShare *
*Source: IDC Q1CY14 x86 Server Tracker; APJC SPG MI Analysis
- Cisco has highest industry growth in the total worldwide server market according to the IDC report, with 39% revenue growth on a cumulative four quarter basis ending in calendar Q1 of 2014.
- Cisco UCS® has attracted over 33,000 unique customers from 75% of all Fortune 500 companies, which is responsible for 45% year-over-year growth as of May 2014.
- Cisco UCS: A Tradition of World-Record-Setting Performance
- World-Record VMware VMmark Benchmarks
- World-Record Java-Based SPEC Benchmarks
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Day in the Life Benchmarks
- World-Record Oracle Benchmarks
- SAP Sales and Distribution Benchmarks
- Siebel CRM Benchmarks
- World-Record Transaction Processing Council (TPC) Benchmarks
- High-Performance Computing Benchmarks
- Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card Performance
- Healthcare Benchmarks
Since its introduction in 2009, Cisco Unified Computing System has established the following results on industry benchmarks. Records noted in the Comments column were accurate as of the benchmark publication date.
The following are trademarks or registered trademarks of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation: SPEC, SPECfp, SPECjAppServer, SPECjbb, SPECjEnterprise, SPECint, SPECompL, SPECompM
The comparative results described in this document are derived from the results available at the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation website on the dates specified in the table.
VMware VMmark is a product of VMware, Inc. The comparative results cited in this document were based on results posted on the VMware VMmark site as of the dates specified in the table.
- Microsoft SQL Server with Cisco UCS
- Microsoft Exchange with Cisco UCS
- Cisco UCS Power Requirements Testing
Microsoft SQL Server with Cisco UCS
Principled Technologies: SQL Server Performance Comparison: Server Consolidation With Virtualization on Cisco UCS B200 and B250 Platforms For M1 and M2 Generations
Principled Technologies: SQL Server Performance Comparison: Cisco UCS B200 M1 Blade Server vs. HP ProLiant BL465c G6 Server Blade
Principled Technologies: SQL Server Consolidation: Replacing Eight Legacy Servers With One Cisco UCS B200 M1 Blade Server
Microsoft Exchange with Cisco UCS
Principled Technologies: Exchange performance comparison: Cisco UCS B200 M1 Blade Server vs. HP ProLiant BL465c G6 Server Blade
Principled Technologies: Exchange Consolidation: Replacing Eight Legacy Servers With One Cisco UCS B200 M1 Blade Server
Cisco UCS Power Requirements Testing
Principled Technologies: Cisco Blade Solution VS HP Blade Solution: Full Enclosure Power Testing
2012 Industry Awards and Recognition
Customers Rate Cisco UCS Highest
TheInfoPro surveyed IT professionals at large and midsize enterprises.See Results
CRN's Annual Report Card for 2012
Cisco ranks #1 in all midrange servers categories of CRN survey.Read More
Best of Tech Ed 2012 Award
Cisco UCS Manager awarded the Breakthrough Technology Award in Orlando at Tech Ed 2012.Read More
2011 Industry Awards and Recognition
Microsoft Windows IT Pro 2011 Community Choice
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco UCS family received gold and bronze medal recognition.Read More
2011 Nemertes Research PilotHouse Award
Cisco wins the awards for Virtualization for Servers, Application Delivery Optimization, Data Center Firewalls, and Unified Communications.Read More
Microsoft Tech Ed 2011
Cisco UCS B250 M2 Extended Memory Blade Server was selected as Best of Show in the hardware category at Microsoft Tech Ed 2011Read More
2011 Citrix Ready Business Solution
Cisco won the 2011 Citrix Ready Business Solution of the Year with the Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution with Citrix XenDesktop, the most cost-effective and scalable platform for desktop virtualization.Read More
2010 Industry Awards and Recognition
InfoWorld's 2010 Technology of the Year Awards: Unified Computing SystemRead More
2010 "CIO 100 Awards"
Won by Cisco Unified Computing System customers: Pitt Ohio, Taser, ExamWorks, King County, Monsanto, EMC, and NetApp.Learn more on the CIO site.
2010 VMWorld Award
Cisco Unified Computing System won in the "Hardware for Virtualization" categoryRead More
Cisco Unified Computing wins Market Challenger award for host servers for virtualization
In August 2010 Nemertes Research asked its pool of 2,004 total participants to rate their ten top host-server providers. Cisco´s win was built on solid scores in all categories, leading in both customer services and value.Learn More from Nemertes Research
2009 Industry Awards and Recognition
Unified Computing System wins eWeek 2009 "Enterprise IT Products of the Year"Read More
Cisco Innovation Recognized with Best of VMWorld 2009 GOLD Award: Hardware for Virtualization
SearchServerVirtualization.com received over 175 nominees for the eight categories, and Cisco's new Unified Computing System (UCS) wins with a combination of server, network and virtualization resources into a single integrated platform.Learn More on the VMWorld Site
Cisco Unified Computing System Wins "Best Data Center Innovation" Award
BladeSystems Insight is an executive summit for data center blade-server technologies, which took place April 2009 in Las Vegas before an audience of more than 150 hosted end-user executives; vendor sponsors; key industry analysts including Forrester and IDC; association leaders; and others. This award was based on voting from attending IT executives near the end of the event when attendees had taken the the opportunity to experience and evaluate the full range of companies, products, and presentations.
Cisco Unified Computing System Wins Best of INTEROP 2009 for Data Center & Storage
"It's clear that Cisco really examined the server virtualization challenge carefully when they designed the UCS. Everywhere you look, you can see how they focused on removing virtualization bottlenecks and enabling flexible device management at every level - plus they've left plenty of room for growth. That's why the UCS is our choice for the BOI Data Center and Storage Category winner for 2009." Steven Hill, InformationWeek
Intel, the Intel logo, Xeon and Xeon Inside are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
|Cisco Unified Computing System with Intel® Xeon® processor|
Delivering On The Promise of Virtualization
- Microsoft Environments and Applications
- Cisco and VMware: Integrated Management Solutions for the Virtualized Data Center
- Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp
Unified Data Center Awards
- Best of Microsoft Tech Ed Winners 2011, 2012, 2013
- Microsoft Windows IT Pro 2011 - Community Choice Award
- Leader in the 2013 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Blade Servers
- #2 Blade Server Worldwide After Only 4 Years
Unified Data Center Fast Facts
- First to Integrate into Windows Server 2012 (Hyper-V Extensible Switch with Nexus 1000V)
- Best Oracle E-Business Suite Performance
- Best Optimized for Virtualized SAP Environments
Unified Data Center Benchmarks
- 94 World Record Performance Benchmarks
- 90% Less Deployment Time
- 50% Faster Disaster Recovery
- 30% Less Infrastructure Costs
- Deploy 2x IT Staffing Capacity with No Staff Increase
- 52% Reduction of Power and Cooling Costs
- Cisco UCS B260 M4 blade servers achieved the best 2-processor 2-tier SAP Sales and Distribution (SD)Benchmark performance
- Cisco UCS C460 M4 Rack Server set new world record SPECjbb®2013 MultiJVM 4-socket max-jOPS performance result
- Cisco UCS B260 M4 Blade Server claimed a new world-record SPECjbb®2013 MultiJVM 2-socket x86/64 max-jOPS performance result