Bucharest, 23 October 2012 – Vortex, a company specialized in industrial design for the car manufacturing industry, chose a Cisco integrated communication solution to better connect and collaborate with domestic and international customers. Vortex uses a Cisco Smart Business Communications System including routing, switching, mobility and security, as well as hi-definition videoconferencing equipment to communicate and share expertise in a more efficient way.
- Vortex was established in 2007 in partnership with Renault and Dacia. It is a design office with 15 employees specialized in industrial design and 3D modeling.
- For its Bucharest office, Vortex needed an integrated network which can provide data, voice and video communication in a reliable and secure way and is ready to accommodate additional features in the future.
- Two wireless access points enable the designers to access the network from any part of the office area. Project managers sometimes work offsite and use a VPN connection to make sure that the information is carried through the network in a secure manner.
- Videoconferencing is conducted via a Cisco C20 endpoint which enables high-definition video conference meetings with customers. For Vortex, video conferencing is key, as customer meetings are focused on highly visual design subjects. Additionally, video makes meetings more efficient, speeds up decision making and is resulting in productivity gains and cost savings associated with the fact that the need for travel was eliminated.
- The project was implemented by Premier Partner AGER Business Tech, which holds a Cisco Advanced TelePresence specialization.
„We chose Cisco as the high-standard communication solution fits the needs of our business in terms of being more productive, increasing the level of communication and collaboration and being ready to support the future growth of the business. The Cisco videoconferencing solution was also the standard used by our customers around the world and in this way we can count on seamless integration in our video communication. The network now provides us with a reliable and secure platform for communication”, said Paul Frigout, Branch Manager for Vortex Romania.
„Vortex offered us the opportunity to recommend and implement a solution with proven reliability and scalability. Cisco Smart Business Communications System is a solution you can trust that offers security, routing, switching and wireless as a platform for best in class collaboration tools anytime from anywhere. The interoperability of Cisco video conferencing solution was a key factor in participating in the multi-site conferences. AGER's technical expertise was highly appreciated.”, said Irina Raducan, Key Account Manager for AGER Business Tech
„The example of Vortex shows how a local company in Romania, which is working in a highly competitive industry, can turn the usage of technology into a business advantage. For Vortex, the networking technology they use is strategic in terms of communicating across their value chain.”, said Cristian Popescu, General Manager Cisco Romania.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Vortex was established in Romania in 2007 as an industrial design company, specialized in A-class surfacing. Vortex is part of a group called RCD except based in France since 1999. With over 100 employees, RCD except have engineering, design and 3D realistic visualization capabilities to deliver best in class quality. Information about the group can be found at http://www.rcdexcept.com/
About AGER Business Tech
55 young professionals work in AGER, delivering value added projects for major national companies –Corporate, Government as well as for SMEs. As a customer-orientated company AGER's efforts are directed towards supporting clients in leveraging their investment. AGER Business Tech is always looking for a bright future for its customers and dares to challenge technology.
As a rule, AGER Business Tech aims to exceed standards.