New 'Connect' and 'Secure' solutions give partners more ways to profit
Jan. 25, 2011 - Cisco today added new networking, security and storage products to its "Connect" and "Secure" small business portfolios. The new products help enable small businesses to quickly, easily and more securely connect employees and devices with the content they need, wherever they need it.
- New Entry Level Ethernet Switches - In the Connect portfolio, Cisco 200 Series Smart Switches are entry-level managed switches, delivering quality of service (QoS) and security in an easy-to-install switch that is simple to manage, and continues the redesign of the Cisco small business switching products. With these switches, small businesses can create a network to help enable users of PCs and mobile devices to access shared content.
- Network Security Firewall - The Cisco RV220W is a network security firewall for small offices with business-class wireless security. It offers a combination of faster performance with gigabit Ethernet and the flexibility offered by hybrid VPN capabilities and added security with optional Cisco ProtectLink Web security service.
- Backup Service for Storage Products - Cisco is enhancing its Secure portfolio for small business by adding an optional, fully integrated online Mozy backup service to its NSS300 Series Smart Storage product line. Cisco small business channel partners can help customers choose between fully on-site backups or a hybrid backup system that is both on-site and online. The fully integrated backup service helps support small business' disaster recovery and business continuity plans, while offering additional selling options to partners. The ease of managing both onsite and online backup from a single interface makes it a very simple solution for channel partners and customers.
- Ian Pennell, co-chair, Small Business Council, Cisco:
"In the spirit of continuous improvement and innovation for our small business partners and customers, we're very pleased to continue the redesign of our entire small business switching line with the Cisco 200 Series switches. This is yet another strong proof point in Cisco's ongoing commitment to our small business market adjacency, our partners, and our customers."
Product Pricing and Availability:
- The Cisco 200 Series Switches list prices start at $287, depending on the model. They are available globally.
- The Cisco RV220W list price is $363. It is currently available in the US and Canada and are scheduled to be available in Europe, Australia and New Zealand within this quarter of the calendar year.
- Cisco Smart Storage list pricing starts at $913; customers can activate or add Mozy online backup plans starting at $145 for 25 GB for one year; less than $0.50 per GB per month. Both are currently available.
Technorati Tags: Cisco Small Business, Cisco 200 Series Switches, Cisco RV220W, firewall, firewalls, Cisco Small Business Technology Group, Cisco Small Business portfolio, small business networking, small business switches, security, Mozy, EMC, NSS300 Series Smart Storage, small business, small businesses
Tel: +30 2106381457