Cisco's Technology Solutions to Give Up College's Potentially More Than 3,100 Students What They Need to Collaborate Anywhere, on any Device, When, Where, and How They Need It
KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait – 6 April 2015 – Cisco announced today that the soon-to-open Algonquin College in Kuwait will be deploying Cisco's solutions which will include Cisco IP Telephony, Cisco WebEx and Cisco Jabber® to deliver on-line collaborative experiences for potentially more than 3,100 students and staff.
Algonquin College – Kuwait (AC-Kuwait) is a branch Campus of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, a highly respected and internationally recognized Canadian College, offering quality programs that are recognized around the world.
With the rapid adoption of smartphones and tablets by the student community, globally, Algonquin College sees the adoption of Cisco's collaborative technology solutions as key to enriching students learning experience and as well as increasing administrative efficiency.
- The Cisco IP telephony system includes a wide array of hardware and software components, such as call processing products, communications endpoints (Unified IP phones and video devices), and special applications, all deployed over a converged network infrastructure.
- Cisco WebEx web conferencing and collaboration tools will enable students to host or join online meetings with audio, video and application sharing capabilities from their computer, smartphone or tablet devices anywhere, anytime. Cisco WebEx solutions will not only help to improve day-to-day efficiencies and streamline meeting activities but also save time and money by reducing the need to travel. The solutions comprising Cloud TelePresence, Enterprise Instant Messaging, Enterprise Social Software and Web Conferencing will help students and staff to facilitate compelling, productive team meeting experiences enabling them to collaborate with anyone globally.
- Cisco Jabber facilitates access to presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, video, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing. It will enable students to see if and how other users are available, and then collaborate using their preferred method. Delivering secure, reliable communications it will enable Algonquin College students to dynamically form and participate in virtual communities. Furthermore, users can instantly interact with IM and Presence thereby reducing delays and allowing them to view users' availability and chat with individuals or groups, within and outside the organization.
Mr. Samih Mokbel, Director, Administrative Services, Algonquin College
Given how rapidly the competitive educational landscape is evolving in the Middle East region, it is vital that Algonquin College is able to stay ahead of the game in order to attract the very best students. As a new college, it was important for us to partner with an established and already respected brand like Cisco to deliver our technology requirements. Cisco's innovative and leading technology solutions will enable us to continuously evolve and ensure that our students and staff are equipped to meet the ever-growing demands of 21st century technology. This is only the start of what we are hoping will be a long and productive relationship with Cisco that will grow from strength to strength. We are also working with them to become a Cisco Networking Academy and look forward to announcing this in the very near future.
Mr. Samer Al Lahham, Regional Manager of Kuwait, Cisco
As we continue to execute our goal of enhancing and supporting education in the Middle East we are delighted that Algonquin College has opted for Cisco's collaboration technology solutions to enhance their learning environment. Our approach will enable Algonquin College to create a learning environment vision which we are confident will be adopted by many other leading educational establishments in the region.
Links / URLs:
- Find more information about Cisco WebEx visit: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10352/index.html
- Find more information about Cisco Jabber visit: http://www.cisco.com/web/products/voice/jabber.html
- Middle East News: http://www.cisco.com/web/ME/about/news/index.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
About Algonquin College:
Algonquin College – Kuwait (AC-Kuwait) is a branch Campus of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, a highly respected and internationally recognized Canadian College. The Campus is conveniently located in Al Naseem and will offer quality programs that are recognized around the world. It will include practical labs and new learning techniques that will enable you to get involved, so you can learn the skills you need to succeed in today's high-tech environment. Algonquin College is one of the largest and most respected postsecondary colleges in Canada. It is based in Ottawa, Ontario, the capital of Canada, and is recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Algonquin College is known for offering first-class Information Technology (IT) and Business Management certificates, diplomas and degrees. For more details visit: www.ac-kuwait.edu.kw.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.