Cisco's "Tomorrow Starts Here" Theme to Demonstrate How Omani Organizations Can Leverage the Network and the Opportunities Created by the Internet of Everything to transform their Businesses
MUSCAT, Oman– 30 March 2014 – Cisco announced today its sponsorship for the 5th annual COMEX Oman Forum, the Sultanate’s leading ICT Show, where it will return to showcase ICT innovation around the theme of “Tomorrow Starts Here”. Cisco will serve as Platinum Sponsor for COMEX 2014 which runs this year from 7th -11th April 2014 at the Oman International Exhibition Centre. At the event, businesses can learn how real-time communication applications and services can transform employee engagement and productivity.
“Oman is becoming one of the Middle East’s best-connected countries and organizations within the Sultanate are making great strides into fully embracing how they can transform their businesses through ICT. At this year’s COMEX Oman, Cisco and our partner experts will provide visitors with hands-on demonstrations and expertise on how they can leverage the power of the Network to deliver new opportunities and innovation. Cisco is shaping the future of the Internet through embracing the phenomenal opportunities to be created by the Internet of Everything (IoE) which by enabling new connections between people, processes, data and things, governments and their agencies worldwide can save money, improve employee productivity and generate new revenue while creating quantifiable benefits for citizens.” said Iyad Alchammat, General Manager, Cisco Oman.
Exhibiting alongside Cisco at Stand 101 in the Business Pavilion will be the following strategic Partners:
- Technology Sponsor: Intel
- Diamond Sponsors: Advanced Business Computing (ABC ); Gulf Business Machine (GBM); International Information Technology Co.(IITC); Nasma Telecommunications
- Gold Sponsor: VMware
At the show, Cisco will showcase the following technology solutions:
- Cisco Connected Transportation Solutions - end-to-end networking and mobility capabilities and the latest Connected Rail products.
- Cisco's before/during/after approach to security – to avoid the problems associated with fragmented security solutions, such as lack of visibility and inconsistent enforcement.
- The pioneering Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS), a key component of Cisco Unified Data Center that changes the economics of the data center by unifying compute, storage, networking, virtualization, and management into a single platform resulting in operational simplicity and business agility.
- With the Internet of Everything (IoE) creating many new capabilities and richer experiences in Healthcare, Oil & Gas, and Transportation, network infrastructures must evolve. Cisco will be showcasing three innovative platforms: the New Cisco Catalyst 6800 Switch, New Cisco 4451-X ISR Router and the Unified Access Catalyst 3850 Switch that convergences the wired and wireless networks into one physical infrastructure.
- The true Cisco Video collaboration experience across multiple endpoints ranging from mobile devices, to high-end Cisco TelePresence/Video Conferencing stations, to desktop phones. On show will be the New Cisco DX-650 Desktop Collaboration Endpoint, the New Intelligent Proximity Technology for Telepresence endpoints and the Business Edition 6000 Communication Server amazingly provides collaboration in one single box providing integration of voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center features on one single platform.
A Robust Cisco Activity Program throughout COMEX week:
- 8th April 2014 at the Golden Tulip Hotel – Cisco Session, “Transforming the Mobile Internet” - A Cisco representative will present on “Transforming the Mobile Internet” and participate in the panel discussion “Strategizing the Mobility Approach for Your Organization”.
- 8th April 2014 (invitation only session) - Cisco will be joining forces with GBM to host a CIO round table event focused on the Oil & Gas industry designed to introduce best practices for creating and implementing a Cyber Security strategy and discuss how IT has become a platform for business process transformation in Oil & Gas organizations.
- 9th April 2014 at the Golden Tulip Hotel - Cisco’s “The Internet of Everything” Workshop educate mobile operators on how mobile network architectures, value-added services, and monetization schemes can support mobile broadband growth.
COMEX Oman is held under the patronage of e.oman and organized by Oman International Trade and Exhibition Centre. Cisco will be located at Stand 101 in the Business Pavilion.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com