Secure the Virtualized Data Center
Security concerns are often the primary obstacle to virtualizing applications and adopting cloud computing. Improving security is critical to taking full advantage of the benefits of the consolidated data center and providing a manageable, compliant infrastructure.
Cisco data center security solutions address the unique and challenging requirements of public and private cloud environments, including:
Cisco SecureX Architecture enforces security policies based on the full context of network access for the dynamic, virtualized data center.
Overcome the security challenges of virtual applications and data centers.
Cisco Virtual Network Management Center helps manage security policies.
- Security policy enforcement between virtual applications and workloads
- Scalability management , including users, connections, and throughput
- Consolidated management across security services
- Separation of duties between application server and security teams
- Deployment that uses resources, scales easily, and enforces policies
- Integrated appliance with VPN, firewall, and intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Virtual firewall solution
- Threat-control capabilities
- Embedded firewall modules
- Highly secure access solutions
Gain Comprehensive Data Center Business Solutions
Security is critical to the data center. The network perimeter is increasingly porous, and malware continues to spread. Organizations experience frequent security threats from both the Internet and internal networks.
Cisco data center security solutions contain:
- Threat control and defense with intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Application and content security
- Virtualization security (virtual firewall)
- Highly secure access
Threat Control and Defense
The Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance provides VPN, firewall, and IPS with high performance and scalability. It is an excellent choice for controlling network traffic into and out of the data center (also known as north-south traffic).
The virtual Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) for the Cisco Nexus 1000V provides multi-tenant edge security, default gateway functionality, and protection against network-based attacks. It uses the proven ASA security platform in a virtual form factor.
Highly Secure Access
Cisco data center security helps organizations to:
- Secure physical and virtual computing environments
- Establish trusted access
- Identify and respond to evolving threats
- Protect critical assets
- Enforce business policies
Server Farm Security in the Business Ready Data Center Architecture v2.1 (PDF - 4 MB)
Service Module Design with ACE and FWSM (PDF - 650 KB)
Find details about hardware devices, software applications, and specialized components that relate to your networking solution.