Get the Flash Player
Discover the Direction Energy is Moving
Turn to Cisco for an end-to-end, IP-based, highly secure communications infrastructure for the smart grid, from generation to consumption.
Find superior network solutions for smart grid substation automation as part of the Cisco Connected Grid family of products and solutions.
Discover Cisco Smart Grid Solutions
- Smart Grid Works with IP (Video - 4:12 min)
Learn how to use IP for smart grid implementations.
Smart Grid Vision (Video
- 4:35 min)
Watch as Laura Ipsen discusses the Cisco Smart Grid vision.
- Cisco Talks COP15 (Video - 4:20 min)
Learn what COP15 means for climate change, the United States, and the tech community.
Smart Grid: Solutions for the Next-Generation Energy Network At-A-Glance (PDF
- 631 KB)
Find out more about Cisco Smart Grid solutions.
Your organization must meet the demands of energy generation, distribution, storage, and consumption as efficiently as possible. Cisco Smart Grid solutions bridge multiple technologies to help you get the job done.
Transmission and Distribution Automation
Challenges such as fluctuating operating temperatures, electromagnetic interference, and electrical surges make for demanding substation environments. These rugged routers and switches can help your utility meet those challenges and deliver energy:
Better Security for the Grid
- Network Security Products
Use these layered defense mechanisms to detect and help mitigate threats on the smart grid.
- Physical Security Products
To keep your energy organization or utility highly secure, explore solutions for video surveillance, electronic access, and emergency response.
- Professional Services
Call on Cisco and its partners to get grid security solutions, define requirements, develop grid architecture, coordinate deployment and integration, and deliver ongoing services.
Business Energy Management
To help lower your company's energy costs and carbon footprint, choose from Cisco technologies such as EnergyWise and Network Building Mediator, and consult Professional Services.
Sophisticated data collection and storage solutions from the Cisco Data Center portfolio can help you analyze and enhance your utility's use of the power grid.
Get comprehensive network solutions providing substation automation on the smart grid, from energy generation to consumption Cisco Connected Grid products and solutions equip your utility with a reliable, end-to-end IP-based communications infrastructure.
Cisco Connected Grid Routers and Switches
Cisco 2010 Connected Grid Router and Cisco 2520 Connected Grid Switch combine the comprehensive functionality of Cisco IOS Software with features required for smart grid deployments. These solutions deliver a next-generation, highly secure and reliable network infrastructure for automating substation operations.
- Cisco Connected Grid Portfolio: Meet Mandates, Increase Reliability, Cut Operating Expenses
- Why Cisco and Smart Grid? (PDF - 220 KB)
- Cisco Smart Grid: Solutions for the Next-Generation Energy Network At-A-Glance (PDF - 631 KB) (Update)
- Cisco Smart Grid Security Solutions Brief (PDF - 624 KB)
- Smart Grid Quick Reference Guide (PDF - 522 KB)
- Energy Reduction Solution Overview (PDF - 935 KB)
- Why IP Is the Right Foundation for the Smart Grid (PDF - 477 KB)
- Cisco Smart Grid Security White Paper (PDF - 649 KB)
- Internet Protocol Architecture for the Smart Grid (PDF - 520 KB)
- Smart Grid: Intelligent Communications to Transform the Power Infrastructure (PDF - 709 KB)
- Smart Grid: Transforming the Electricity System (PDF - 48 KB)
Reduce cost and uncertainty of deploying multivendor, grid-based communications infrastructures for customers and ecosystem members through open standards.
Ecosystem members will:
- Promote and adopt IP-based standards for smart grid communications infrastructure
- Define a migration path from legacy communications to IP-based infrastructure
- Support interoperability testing on their smart grid projects
- Support thought leadership and joint marketing opportunities with Cisco
Smart Grid Ecosystem Members
System Integrators and Consultants
Get help with business processes, applications, and data management.
Power and Utility Integrators
Find expertise and technologies for energy infrastructure.
Find suppliers of smart metering, grid automation, and automation technologies for business and home.
- Current Group
- Intelligent Grid Systems
- Landis and Gyr
- Open Peak
- Power PLUS Communications AG
- S&C Electric
- Science Applications International Corporate
- Sensei Solutions
- Skyline Solar
Get help with connectivity and transport.