CCNP Security certification program is aligned specifically to the job role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer responsible for Security in Routers, Switches, Networking devices and appliances, as well as choosing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNS, and IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.
Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professional Recognition
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) recognizes that Cisco CCNA Security certification courseware meets the CNSS 4013 training standard.
- CNSS 4013 Recognition
- Information Assurance Supplemental Resources
- CCNP and CCSP Security Curriculum Defends Vital Information Services of U.S.
For additional information, visit:
Valid CCNA Security Certification or valid CCSP or any CCIE Certification can act as a prerequisite.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|300-208 SISAS||Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)|
|300-206 SENSS||Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)|
|300-209 SIMOS||Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)|
|300-207 SITCS||Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS)|
Cisco professional level certifications (CCDP, CCNP, CCIP, CCNP Voice, CCNP Security, CCNP SP Operations, CCNP Wireless) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional level exam, or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam,
- OR any CCIE Certification can act as a pre-requisite, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved. For more information, access the How to Recertify page.