Learn more about the benefits and requirements associated with achieving a CCDA certification. (3:29 min)
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA®) validates knowledge required to design a Cisco converged network. With a CCDA certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organizations. The CCDA curriculum includes designing basic campus, data center, security, voice, and wireless networks.
CCDA Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|640-864 DESGN||Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN)|
CCDA certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
The Cisco Learning Network brings you the latest in social networking, certifications content, games, blogs, discussion forums and more!
Click here to be a part of the Cisco Learning Network.
Register to create your own personal account. You will have to create a new account as your current logins will not work. Accessing premium content and participating in the social networking activities requires a Cisco Learning Network registration. Those who already have a Cisco.com account are encouraged to use the same user ID and email address when registering on the Cisco Learning Network site.