CCNA Security Overview
Learn more about the benefits and requirements associated with achieving a CCNA Security certification. (5:18 min)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA® Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professional Recognition
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) recognizes that Cisco CCNA Security courseware meets the CNSS 4011 training standard.
» Learn more
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|640-554 IINS||Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)|
CCNA Security certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
The Cisco Learning Network brings you the latest in social networking, certifications content, games, blogs, discussion forums and more!
Click here to be a part of the Cisco Learning Network.
Register to create your own personal account. You will have to create a new account as your current logins will not work. Accessing premium content and participating in the social networking activities requires a Cisco Learning Network registration. Those who already have a Cisco.com account are encouraged to use the same user ID and email address when registering on the Cisco Learning Network site.