CCNA Data Center Overview
Learn more about the benefits and requirements associated with achieving a CCNA Data Center certification. (5:26 min)
For data center network administrators who want to save time and money on data center design, equipment installation, and maintenance, the Cisco Certified Network Associate Data Center (CCNA Data Center) certification is a job-role-focused training and certification program that allows you to maximize your investment in your education and increase the value of your data center network.
Because of our experience with our existing certification and education programs and leadership in providing data center solutions, Cisco can provide a comprehensive program to address the key areas of data center network design, implementation, and maintenance.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|640-911 DCICN||Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)|
|640-916 DCICT||Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT)|
|NOTE: Other data center certification exams can be applied towards the CCNA Data Center certification. Please visit the exam combination tool for more details.|
CCNA Data Center certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current DCICN exam, or
- Pass the current DCICT exam, or
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-xxx Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams, Cisco MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page.