Revised May 14, 2009
March 13, 2009
THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
Revision Date Comment 1.2 14-MAY-2009 Added Note in workaround #3 section. Updated Cisco Unified Communications Manager release information in solution section. 1.1 13-MAR-2009 Changed workarounds #1 and #2 to reflect Argentina automatic time update to March 22, 2009. 1.0 10-MAR-2009 Initial Public Release
Products Affected Comments Cisco Unified Communications Manager including Business Edition - 5.0(X) All Versions Cisco Unified Communications Manager including Business Edition - 5.1(X) All Versions Cisco Unified Communications Manager including Business Edition - 6.0(X) All Versions Cisco Unified Communications Manager including Business Edition - 6.1(X) All Versions Cisco Unified Communications Manager including Business Edition - 7.0(X) All Versions
Cisco Unified Communications Manager does not send Daylight Saving Time updates for Time of Day routing (ToD) and for these Cisco IP Phone models: CP-7905, CP-7910, CP-7912 CP-7920, CP-7921, CP-7925, CP-7935, CP-7936, CP-7937, CP-7940, CP-7960, CP-7985.
Note: This vulnerability only exists for a Device Pool that uses the Date / Time group of these time zones, all other time zones are not affected:
- Newfoundland Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-03:30)
- Atlantic Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-04:00)
- Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-05:00)
- Central Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-06:00)
- Mountain Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-07:00)
- Pacific Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-08:00)
- Alaskan Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-09:00)
- Argentina Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-03:00)
- Montevideo, Uruguay Standard/Daylight Time (GMT-03:00)
- Pacific SA Daylight Time (GMT-04:00
A vulnerability is identified in Cisco Unified Communications Manager where the Cisco CallManager Service does not calculate the time correctly when the first of the month lands on a Sunday during a Daylight Saving Time transition month.
Time of Day routing is one hour behind schedule.
The display time on Cisco IP Phone models listed in the problem description reflect one hour behind the current local time after Daylight Saving Time occurs.
Affected customers can choose to do nothing and wait for the time to automatically update.
Time of Day Routing
Adjust the time schedules ahead one hour.
Cisco IP Phones
- Choose System > Date / Time Group from CUCM Admin.
- Create a new Date / Time group that is one hour ahead of local time.
- Choose System > Device pool.
- Create a New Device pool and assign the (one hour ahead Date time group) to this new device pool.
- Assign the new device pool to the Cisco IP Phones that display the incorrect time.
Note: The CUCM time updates occur automatically (dates vary per timezone). Change your Time of Day Routing and Device Pools back to the original Date / Time group accordingly.
Note: The COP file was a temporary update only and is now removed from Cisco's Software Download Center. Affected customers must upgrade before November 1, 2009 to a Unified Communications Manager version that contains the permanent fix for CSCsy25150 in order to avoid potential Daylight Saving Time issues in the Fall.
These Cisco Unified Communications Manager releases contain the permanent fix for CSCsy25150 and can be downloaded with these links:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.1(3f) (registered customers only)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(3b) (registered customers only)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(3b)SU1 (registered customers only)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1)SU1a (registered customers only)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(2a) (registered customers only)
To follow the bug ID link below and see detailed bug information, you must be a registered customer and you must be logged in.
DDTS Description CSCsy25150 (registered customers only) CUCM is not sending Daylight Saving Time updates
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Product Alert Tool - Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.