Document ID: 82061
Updated: Apr 16, 2007
This series of interactive documents uses a typical head office and branch
office in order to demonstrate some common voice network configurations. This
interactive diagram allows you to view network configurations:
This image is interactive!
Click a component to view configuration
and troubleshooting information.
Refer to Unified CallManager Interactive Voice Network Configuration and Troubleshooting Case Study for requirements assumed by this series of interactive documents.
In order to configure an MGCP gateway in Unified CallManager for the RTP location, complete these steps:
- In Cisco CallManager, click Device > Gateway > Add a New Gateway.
- Select the type of gateway from the Gateway type drop-down list.
- Choose MGCP from the Device Protocol drop-down list.
- Select the hardware modules in your gateway, and click Insert.
- Enter a domain name, description, and CallManager group in the appropriate
Note: Make sure your domain name matches the host name on the Cisco MGCP gateway. Refer to MGCP IOS Gateway (RTP) Interactive Voice Network Configuration Example for more information.
- Click (1/0) in order to configure the T1 interface, and choose T1
- Choose the appropriate values for your network. Use the diagram in the
Introduction section in order to locate more information
about each configuration option.
- Once the gateway is created, click the Reset Gateway button in order
to reset the gateway.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.