Document ID: 116268
Updated: Jul 05, 2013
Contributed by Scott Hills, Cisco TAC Engineer.
This document describes the method to post the upgrade file to the the SpeechConnect server. The steps are in addition to the upgrade steps listed in the Speech Connect Installation and Administration Guide.
In the current Installation and Administration Guide, the user is instructed to post the upgrade file to the Speech Connect server, but no detail is given on how to accomplish this task. This document covers this method in more detail.
Use SFTP and SSH to Post the Upgrade File
In order to post the upgrade file, follow these steps:
- Open an SSH session to Speech Connect and log in with scadmin.
- In order to change the directory to tmp,enter:
cd /tmp <enter>
- Connect to the SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) server and enter:
sftp 'username'@'host' <enter>
example: sftp firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Ensure Speech Connect-1.0.3_upgrade.sh is located in SFTP home directory.
- From the prompt, enter:
get Speech Connect-1.0.3_upgrade.sh <enter>The file is downloaded.
- Enter exit to exit the SFTP connection.
- Now, continue with Step 3 in the Installation and Administration Guide.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.