Document ID: 116351
Updated: Aug 02, 2013
Contributed by Bruno Van Turnhout, Cisco TAC Engineer.
This document describes a problem encountered when attempts to install a license for Cisco Unified Attendant Console (CUAC) Version 9.x are made, and provides a solution to the problem.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of the Cisco Unified Attendant Console.
The information in this document is based on these software and hardware versions:
- Cisco Unified Attendant Console Department Edition (CUDAC / CUAC DE) Versions 8.x and 9.x
- Cisco Unified Attendant Console Business Edition (CUBAC / CUAC BE) Versions 8.x and 9.x
- Cisco Unified Attendant Console Enterprise Edition (CUEAC / CUAC EE) Versions 8.x and 9.x
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) Versions 8.x and 9.x
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
With CUAC Version 9.x and later, licensing is version specific. The issue described in this document occurs if you try to install a Version 8.x license on a Version 9.x system. Also, new licenses are needed for upgrades.
You are unable to install a license on a Version 9.x CUAC (Department, Business or Enterprise Edition). The interface gives this error message:
Invalid serial number or registration code. Please re-enter the details and try again.
This problem occurs when the wrong product is ordered, and the License Agreement Code (LAC) associated with that product is installed on the incorrect version. In order to verify the product number (SKU) from the product sales order, use these product descriptions:
CUAC Version 9.0 Electronic
- Top-Level: L-CUAC9X-ATT-CON
- Department: L-CUACD9X-ATT-CON
- Business: L-CUACB9X-ATT-CON
- Enterprise: L-CUACE9X-ATT-CON
CUAC Version 9.0 Paper
- Top-Level: CUAC9X-ATT-CON
- Department: CUACD9X-ATT-CON
- Business: CUACB9X-ATT-CON
- Enterprise: CUACE9X-ATT-CON
CUAC Business Version 8.6 and earlier Paper
- Department: CUD-ATT-CON
- Business: CUB-ATT-CON
- Enterprise: CUE-ATT-CON
If this is a new install, these are the options to resolve the issue:
- Download and install Version 8.6 or earlier, so that the current LAC is valid.
- If there is a valid Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription (UCSS) and Extended Service Warranty (ESW) contract, use the Cisco Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) in order to generate a new LAC. Then, obtain a new license file.
- If there is not a valid UCSS and ESW contract, engage the account team so that they can return the current purchase and place a new sales order for the correct version SKU (Version 9).
If this is a system upgrade, these are the options to resolve the issue:
- If there is a valid UCSS and ESW contract, use the Cisco Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) in order to generate a new LAC. Then you can obtain a new license file.
- If there is not a valid UCSS and ESW contract, an a-la-carte upgrade must be purchased.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.