Elastic Core for the Next-Generation Internet
The Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) offers industry-leading performance, advanced services intelligence, environmentally aware design, and system longevity. The CRS also uses Cisco IOS XR Software, a unique self-healing, and distributed operating system.
Cisco CRS Elastic Core offers new levels of flexibility and more. (4:41 min)
Features and Capabilities
To deliver video, cloud, and mobile services effectively, service provider networks need to:
- Migrate existing 10 Gbps network infrastructures to 100 Gbps and beyond
- Scale economically
- Adapt to network topology shifts with agility
Service providers need an Elastic Core that is intelligent, programmable, and scalable using the Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS). This system:
- Delivers continuous operations
- Offers industry-leading scale from a single chassis to a multi-chassis system
- Supports 100 Gbps and beyond speeds using Cisco nLight Technology
- Combines intelligent IP, lean core transit, and optical transport services
- Improves network monetization through intelligent Layer 4-7 services
- Build the Foundation for the Next-Generation Internet (Video - 2:47 min)
Introducing the CRS-3: Delivering Scale, Services, and Savings
- Introducing Data Center Services System
Create tight links between core networks and data center clouds.
- Why IPoDWDM for 100G and Beyond? (PDF - 683 KB)
Build a converged architecture to deliver new intelligent mobile and cloud services.
- Benefits of Cisco Elastic Core (PDF - 451 KB)
This whitepaper describes the financial benefits of an intelligent, converged network.
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco CRS-1 8-Slot Single-Shelf System
Cisco CRS-1 4-Slot Single-Shelf System
Cisco CRS-1 Multishelf System