Increase Business Agility
Cisco Prime Virtual NAM (vNAM) offers outstanding deployment flexibility. It brings application visibility and network analytics to critical observation points in physical, virtual, and cloud networks. Its virtual footprint gives network administrators the versatility needed to help rapidly tune network operations whenever required to respond to new business demands.
Cisco Prime Virtual NAM helps increase your agility in delivering consistent, quality services. (3:41 min)
Features and Capabilities
The Prime vNAM combines deep application awareness, detailed performance analytics, and vital network insights. It permits network administrators to optimize resource efficiency, simplify operational manageability, and enhance the application experience. This helps position them to meet performance challenges head-on and to deliver resilient and consistent services.
The Prime vNAM can be deployed in tenant network containers, remote sites, or almost any place in the network to address specific operational requirements. It offers the flexibility needed to :
- Monitor tenant workloads in hosted network containers to characterize performance.
- Analyze network usage by applications, hosts and virtual machines, and conversations to identify bottlenecks that may affect performance and availability.
- Troubleshoot performance issues consistently across physical and virtual environments using unified application performance metrics, network traffic trends, and detailed flow and packet analysis.
- Eliminate the need to backhaul the data to a centralized location by instead using the integrated web-based interface to remotely manage the site.
- Validate infrastructure updates such as WAN optimization, new application rollouts, and QoS policy changes.
The Cisco Prime vNAM can be installed on x86 platforms with ESXi and KVM virtualization infrastructures. It comes in two configurations designed to meet performance needs for targeted analysis of up to 1 gigabit per second.