Simplify Services Delivery
The high-performance Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Network Analysis Module (NAM) brings application-awareness to the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch. It gives you an integrated, scalable, and flexible solution to help simplify services delivery in the dynamic data center.
Cisco TechWise TV on the Nexus 7000 NAM
Integrate performance analytics into your Nexus 7000 Switch. (6:48)Watch Video
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NAM delivers deep application-awareness and rich performance analytics. (4:29 min)Read Data Sheet
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NAM evolves the fabric into a services-rich platform. It delivers application visibility and performance analytics in the physical and virtual data center to help you more effectively build and deliver rich services.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NAM extends visibility into virtualized environments to provide consistent network intelligence and performance analytics across physical, virtual, and cloud. This includes visibility into OTV, VXLAN, and other encapsulated technologies that are the foundation of a scalable, virtualized data center. The NAM gives you all of the visibility you need to gain better control over operations and help enable the data center to be a more agile and efficient environment.
Purpose-built to meet the rigorous performance demands of the data center, the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NAM takes advantage of leading-edge processing and packet acceleration technologies onboard to deliver best-in-class network analytics. It also comes with scalable options for packet capture storage to meet diverse troubleshooting needs. The NAM offers performance that scales, helping you keep vital network and customer services running optimally.
- Layers 3-7 performance characterization helps ensure that business-critical applications are getting adequate network resources and performing at ideal levels.
- Visibility into virtualized infrastructure technologies promotes the optimal design of the network for distributed and efficient services delivery.
- Advanced filters, intelligent packet captures, and retrospective data analysis accelerate problem resolution
- Open standards-based API preserves investments in existing management assets
- Prepackaged dashboards, interactive reports, and intuitive workflows enhance operational efficiency
Specifications at a Glance
- Two x86 CPU clusters, with total of four 8-core CPUs and hardware-based packet acceleration for high-performance Gigabit Ethernet monitoring
- 64 GB DDR3 RAM
- 600 GB SAS onboard hard disk drive
- Mini-Serial attached SCSI (SAS), FCOE, and iSCSI options for external storage interface
- RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet 1588 time synchronization port
- First Services Blade for Nexus
Read how the Nexus 7000 NAM helps customers build services-rich data centers
- Cisco Unleashes Industry's Fastest, Most Extensible Open Networking "Fabric" for Data Centers, CloudsRead Press Release
(All Cisco Services Modules Data Sheets)
Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches Network Analysis Module (NAM-NX1) Data Sheet
(All Cisco Services Modules Presentations)
(All Cisco Services Modules Q&A)