The BXM-T3/E3 is a high-density ATM T3/E3 interface card that uses custom application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) technology, for the BPX 8600 Series, to deliver the industry's most advanced and reliable ATM networking features. It Supports PVCs, SVCs, S-PVCs and MPLS LVCs (label VC) and provides card redundancy protection. Its high-speed connectivity takes ATM to new levels of efficiency and scalability.
The enhanced models of the BXM-T3/E3 also deliver the most advanced atm switching and traffic management capabilities in the industry. These models extend scalability by doubling the connection density and cell buffers on selected models as well as provide future support for vc merging for large MPLS-based IP+ATM networks.
- High-scalability connection densities with up to 144 T3/E3 ATM ports on a single Cisco BPX® 8600 series wide-area switch
- Complete network control through dynamic resource sharing and support for all ATM service classes
- Industry's first fully compliant ATM Forum available bit rate (ABR) virtual source/virtual destination (VS/VD) capability in custom ASICs
- New level of ATM price/performance to optimize the network life cycle
- Support for VC merging with future software upgrade allows "label" sharing for different MPLS VCs with the same destination and class of service (enhanced -E and -EX models only)
With the increasing deployment of Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) networks, there is a growing need for an ATM network platform that can deliver an unprecedented level of scalability, performance, and functionality at lower costs. Such an ATM switching platform must support high-speed interfaces with high port densities as well as advanced ATM traffic management capability.
Advanced ATM traffic management capabilities are implemented in a family of custom ASICs that enable high-density, high-speed ATM interface modules with advanced features and functionality for the BPX 8600 and IGX 8400 series wide-area switches.
This ASIC technology cost-effectively delivers the most advanced ATM switching and traffic management capability in the industry. It represents the first commercially available implementation of VS/VD.
The BXM-T3/E3 broadband switch module is a 8-, or 12- port, Digital Signal level 3 (DS-3) (45 or 34 Mbps) ATM interface card for the BPX switch platform. The interface can be configured for trunk, public, or private User-Network Interface (UNI) applications on a per-port basis to provide a high-density, low-cost broadband ATM networking solution.
- 8-, or 12-port T3/E3 ports
- Complies with ATM Forum UNI Specification Version 3.1, 4.0
- 1:1 BXM redundancy supported using `Y' redundancy
- Interface Physical Characteristics:
Characteristic T3 (DS3) E3 (34 Mbps)
- Configurable for trunk and public or private UNI application
- UNI conformant to ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1, ITU-T I.361 and I.432 specifications
- Support for ATM Forum ILMI 4.0
- Complies with standard Usage Parameter Control (UPC) per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1, TM 4.0 and ITU-T I.371
- Supports virtual circuit connections (VCCs) and virtual path connections (VPCs) per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1 and ITU-T I.371
- Virtual path identifier (VPI)/virtual channel identifier (VCI) range for VCCs and VPCs: per UNI Specification V.3.1
- Support for VC merging with future software upgrade (enhanced -E and -EX models only)
- Per-VC queuing and scheduling
- Per-VC traffic shaping
- Per-VC weighted fair queuing (WFQ)
- Up to 16 classes of service with the following configurable parameters:
- Separate cell discard threshold for CLP0 and CLP1 cells
- Separate early packet discard (EPD) threshold for CLP0 and CLP1 cells with future software upgrade (enhanced -E and -EX models only)
- Maximum Queue Depth (MQD) with partial packet discard (PPD)
- Service Priority Level (SPL)
- Explicit Forward Congestion Indication (EFCI) threshold
BXM T3/E3 Broadband Switch Module
- Segment and end-to-end Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) loopbacks supported per Bellcore TA-NWT-001248
- External OAM segment flows, consisting of segment loopback cells per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1 and ITU-T I.371
- Generation and detection of AIS and RDI OAM cells
- OAM cell generation and loopback facility supported for diagnostics and self-test purposes
|Product Number||Enhanced Model||Number of Ports per Card||Ingress Cell Buffer (cells)||Egress Cell Buffer (cells)||Number of Connections per Card||VC Merge Capable|