Streamline Security, Enhance Flexibility
Cisco Policy Management products are designed to provide the features security professionals need to ensure proper control of their networks and information assets. No-compromise security is a critical component in today's enterprise environment.
Chief Information Security Officer
Cisco Policy Management provides the airtight security you need to survive combined with the business innovation you need to succeed. Delivering state-of-the-art security, while balancing the needs of the business is fundamental to your role:
- Control your infrastructure: Gives you the ability to control enterprise access policies from a "top-down" perspective, ensuring that your directives are being correctly and consistently applied
- Ensure persistent and cost-effective compliance: Delivers reporting and auditing capabilities that provide access to more useful information, require fewer people to analyze the information, and produce audit results in a fraction of the time
- Span the enterprise: Helps ensure that your governance umbrella is as far-reaching as possible to deliver the best possible returns for your investment
Get complete control over your applications while reducing costs and ensuring that access policies are appropriately merged with corporate mandates. Security is an important part of everything you do, but it's not a direct business driver. Cisco Policy Management can help you:
- Reduce time to market: Dramatically decreases the time it takes for you to make a new application or service available to your customers by untangling security from your core business logic.
- Save on redundant programming: Enables you to set or change permissions for all of your applications from a single management interface, eliminating the need for every application to have its security permissions hard coded, configured separately, or changed one by one.
- React to changes quickly and easily: Enables you to quickly and easily create or change policies without any hard-coding or IT involvement.
- Ensure persistent compliance: Delivers reporting and auditing capabilities that provide access to more useful information, require fewer people to analyze the information, and produce audit results in a fraction of the time.
Enterprise IT Architect
Cisco Policy Management externalizes entitlement policy from applications--giving you total visibility and control over the entire security landscape of your organization with as much or as little control over specific policies as needed.
As an IT architect, you are focused on designing applications that are secure, scalable, high performance, and aligned with key principles such as service-oriented architecture (SOA). Cisco Enterprise Policy Manager is designed for large enterprise deployment. With its flexible, multitier architecture, snap-on integration with existing infrastructure components, and broad support for heterogeneous platforms, the product can be deployed in even the most demanding IT environments.
Key capabilities and benefits include:
- Persistent compliance: Centralized and automated policy review capability; real-time reports and alerts on who can access what, who accessed what, and who made what administrative change
- Enhanced visibility and overall security: Standardized distributed policy resolution that eliminates significant costs associated with redundant, isolated development of policies
- Selective delegation and control: Smart delegation of access control policy administration to line-of-business owners, which significantly reduces help desk load and improves responsiveness to changing market conditions
- Alignment with SOA: Management of and decision making about access rights available as a robust infrastructure service that can be shared by many applications